Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

KiamHiung
Journeyman III

RX6600 black screen while installing Driver

Good Day, 

So i just got a brand new Asrock RX6600 two days ago. at first i connect the display port using a DP to DVI cable (my monitor is an old one) and using a HDMI cable to my TV.

before installing the adrenaline driver, there is "no problem", but only HDMI got signal and i can enter to desktop although limited res option. 

so while installing the AMD Driver suddenly all my display went black.. i restarted the CPU and it still black, but after using another DP port, my monitor suddenly got a signal. and my TV was detected to

so i play maybe about 2 hours, some Elden Ring and Warhammer 3.

But yesterday when i boot up my CPU, same problem occured again. no signal from any display, and i tried changing the DP port and my monitor is having the signal. but my TV was not detected as a display in window.

so i uninstalled the driver using amd removal, install again, same problem. and now even when i change the DP port, its all black. so i must resort to safe mode, uninstall, do it again, using an older driver. but it is still the same. If i uninstall the driver, i can enter desktop but only using HDMI, DP is not detected. but if i started installing the driver, midway it goes black again.

one thing that i remember peculiar is when i finished installing the card into my CPU, and i power up the CPU. my stabilizer suddenly react and the lamp in my house flicker for 2-3 seconds. 

It never happened like that before with GTX 960 2GB. My PSU is old, but i though the power requirement listed between these 2 card is not so high in difference, and beside i change my CPU from AMD FX6300 to Intel I3 - 12100F. so i thought i should have a bit extra power.

Any suggestion ? it really started making me regret my decision to buy these card. is it only driver problem or faulty PSU ? 

Thanks in advance, i have scouring the internet for solution, and frankly none work. although fresh window install i havent done it yet. but i have upgrade my bios, intel chip too

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model/age?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
KiamHiung
Journeyman III

i forgot, age maybe about 6-7 years old 650 watt pure bronze. today i take the cpu to my friends place, he tested with a modded driver (he said he modded him self) he tested and it is running by HDMI or DP fine. he says my PSU still OK for the moment, he just suggest to use 600va UPS as backup. 

i havent have a change to tested in my monitor and TV yet. will update later.

0 Likes