Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

omi88
Journeyman III

RX 6800 XT ZERO RPM QUESTION

Hi

My question is how to change the size of the Zero RPM zone. Now the fans turn on at 55 degrees. I want them to turn on at 60 degrees. How can I do this?

YESTON RADEON RX 6800 XT With 23.10.2.

Thank for the help

0 Likes
9 Replies
geomantis
Adept III

Try msi afterburner. I dont know if your card supported. It works with my card (rx570).

0 Likes
JFM
Adept III

Adrenalin -> Performance -> Tuning -> Custom -> Fan Tuning -> Advanced Control

Then change graph to your liking

0 Likes
omi88
Journeyman III

dh.jpg

0 Likes

Hmm looks like it is not possible. You can try Afterburner like others suggested but looks like it is not adjustable via Adrenalin. 

0 Likes
omi88
Journeyman III

Cannot be adjusted. OK. But why not? It would be great because the fan starts every few minutes and it's very annoying.

0 Likes

Maybe as a safety measure, to make sure people don't burn their cards. 

That aside tho, even if you move limit to 60 you would have the same problem because now the card would do the same thing at there. Heat up to 60 -> Cooling starts -> Drop below 60 -> Repeat. 

So, let's try to make it less annoying. Firstly, the first dot is as low as possible right? 

JFM_1-1703196748815.png

If no, try to move it as low as possible, so when the fan starts post 55 degree you won't hear a sudden ramp up, and it won't be so noticeable. (move second dot as well as it is pretty close to limit)

0 Likes
omi88
Journeyman III

this is the lowest. You can't lower it.

hkhj.jpg

0 Likes

Well, then it is simply limit of your card/model. Probably limitation of the fan system. 

For example I was using Afterburner for my Zotac Nvidia 3060, but when I try to put minimum fan speed below %50 it was going crazy with suddenly ramping up to %100 and go down to 0 etc. Then I learned that %50 was the limit for my Zotac card. Looks like Adrenalin simply blocks going below the card's limit to prevent issues like that.

Sadly your card is not that flexible with its fan system as well, for example this is how it looks for my current Sapphire 6700XT

JFM_0-1703245872482.png

So... What are your options with what you have right now? 

- Move second dot to 35 as well, it may help a liiitle bit. 

- Simply disable zero RPM. Fan will always work and I don't like it personally, but at least you won't hear sudden ramp ups at 55 degree. 

- You might try Afterburner to see whether it helps or not, but as I said it didn't with my Zotac 3060 back then, so don't disappoint if it doesn't help to you as well.

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

I dont use the adrenaline software for fan curves etc. I use MSI Afterburner as a personal preference.

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / Sapphire Nitro+ RX6900 XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes