cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Torr
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT clock speed dropping when under 20% gpu utilization.

I have been having this issue with my RX 6600 XT, whenever my gpu utilization goes under roughly 20% my gpu core clock speeds go very low(50-400MHz). I have tried so many work arounds to get a constant gpu clock speed for this card but nothing has worked. Here is a list of what I have tried:

1. I have disabled ulps multiple different ways

2. I have tried tweaking settings in MULTIPLE different versions of the drivers new and old

3. I have tried using msi afterburner to force constant clock speeds

4. I have tried messing around with voltage and power delvivery

5. I have also tried many third party software to try to fix this.

And yet I have gotten no results. If anyone has a fix to this I need it, please.

SYSTEM SPECS:

Mobo. B550 PG RIPTIDE

Cpu. ryzen 5 5600x

gpu. MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC

memory. Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) running at 3200mhz

psu. Apevia ATX-PR600W 80+ Gold

storage. ADATA SU635 240GB + 1tb hard drive

0 Likes
1 Solution
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

MorePowerTool (MPT), Feature Control, remove checkmark from DS_GFXCLK (Deep Sleep GFX Clock). You will need to capture GPU bios into file before using MPT. For this you can use GPU-Z. In addition, if you want to do same even for VERY low loads, you can also remove checkmark from GFXOFF (Well... GFX OFF). These checkmarks affect power saving features.

Better read instruction how to use this tool.  If you mess something up - safe boot (can be done also via 2 hard reset during windows loading) and MPT Delete SPPT.

DimkaTsv_0-1666832176255.png

This one change will limit your minimal frequency under load to one you set in driver as minimal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

MorePowerTool (MPT), Feature Control, remove checkmark from DS_GFXCLK (Deep Sleep GFX Clock). You will need to capture GPU bios into file before using MPT. For this you can use GPU-Z. In addition, if you want to do same even for VERY low loads, you can also remove checkmark from GFXOFF (Well... GFX OFF). These checkmarks affect power saving features.

Better read instruction how to use this tool.  If you mess something up - safe boot (can be done also via 2 hard reset during windows loading) and MPT Delete SPPT.

DimkaTsv_0-1666832176255.png

This one change will limit your minimal frequency under load to one you set in driver as minimal.

This seemed to work, thank very much you for your time.

0 Likes

You you will need to reapply SPPT every time you update drivers, as driver update also resets registry edits this tool makes. 

0 Likes