cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Sentches
Journeyman III

Recurring FPS drop issue after reboot or shutdown - Factory reset option unavailable

Hello,

I am experiencing a recurring issue where my games run at a low FPS (30 or less) after I reboot or shut down my PC. Normally, my games run at 100 FPS or higher. To fix this, I usually uninstall my AMD drivers, reboot my PC, and then reinstall the drivers with the "factory reset" option enabled. After doing this, I set my global graphics preferences to "enhanced sync" and everything runs smoothly again. However, I am now unable to mark the "factory reset" option during the AMD driver installation process. This issue persists even though I know it's not a hardware problem, as reinstalling the drivers with the factory settings or reinstalling Windows fixes the issue. I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

I typically experience high FPS (100+ in CS GO and 200+ in League of Legends on maximum graphics settings) on my PC. I am unable to identify the root cause of this issue and would appreciate advice on how to fix it permanently.

My PC specs include:

Windows 11 (upgraded from Windows 10 after reinstalling in an attempt to resolve the issue)

Intel Core i3-12100F processor

8GB of RAM

Radeon RX550/500 Series graphics card with 8GB of memory.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Factory reset has been temporarily disabled in 23.3.1 (mentioned in release notes).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..