Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

n_rcis
Journeyman III

rcbottom.sys causing BSOD with “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED”

IMG_4517.jpeg

Hello,

Yesterday I tried booting my PC but was met with a BSOD saying rcbottom.sys (which is an AMD RAID Driver as far as I’m aware). I have tried reinstalling Windows, sfc /scannow, DISM checks etc but nothing has fixed it. I’ve also tried changing the RAID controller in the BIOS but that didn’t help either. 

I have 2 Corsair MP600 1TB SSDs in RAID0 and a Ryzen 5 5600X with an Aorus X570 Pro motherboard with BIOS version f37g. 

Does anyone know the cause or how to fix this? Thank you.

3 Replies
LynxMKC
Journeyman III

I have been having the same issues, and tried similar options. Have you been able to enter into safe mode and maybe reinstall some drivers through USB? I cannot enter safe mode at all and was wondering if it was possible to do so. RAID is very clearly the issue, since this happened to me immediately after installing new RAID software and now i can not boot into windows at all. I do hope someone is able to officially help though, best of luck.

hi,

i also could not boot into safe mode. i tried finding the exact driver and installing multiple versions through the command prompt in windows recovery mode with a usb but that didn't work. the only solution i found was to remove the RAID array and reinstall windows (be careful when you split the RAID drives as you'll lose the data).

sorry to disappoint

0 Likes

i was digging through this issue a bit more, and i found that i was able to use a windows usb to enter the installation screen and install the recquired raid drivers. for me i needed NvME_CC, and installed in the order of rcbottom, rcraid, then rcCfg. i stopped having BSOD regarding system thread exception, and rcbottom but im still running into some issues so im not out of the woods yet. 

https://www.amd.com/content/dam/amd/en/documents/processor-tech-docs/user-guides/56268_1_11.pdf 

this link should let you know which specific drivers to install depending on what model of CPU you have i believe. i use AM4 5000 series. it sounds like you have things roughly sorted out though which is great.

0 Likes