Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

berk9933
Journeyman III

Radeon Version Downgrade by Windows Update

Hello,

My laptop has two graphic cards which uses changeably depends on if there is a game running or not. I normally choose to install drivers for the one that system uses in game(Radeon 535). So I installed a new driver update from the radeon application yesterday. After that I checked the windows updates and a new update come up from windows as "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 26.20.12036.1". I installed that too and when I restarted the PC my radeon version was downgraded and now there is also no any update or update check section in the appBut also from what I feel, now I started to get better FPS in games after that (though I'm not exactly sure, didn't compared before and after). My radeon version before windows update was "21.5.1". What it is become after update is in the picture with other info. So why did this happened? Should I keep this version, is this better for my system or should I update it again for the Radeon 535.

amd.JPG

Specs: 

• Lenovo ideapad 330-15ARR
  • AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
  • GPU1 AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics - Primary/Integrated/Hybrid
  • GPU2 AMD Radeon(TM) 535 - Discrete/Hybrid  

0 Likes
1 Reply

You need to delete all drivers from the C:AMD folder. Set the option in Windows to delay automatic installation of drivers. Reboot. Then reinstall the AMD driver.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes