cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

ByLucky
Adept I

no image after black screen, driver does not work when i reboot pc

I'm using sapphire's stock 7900xt and the processor is a 13600kf. I have a 750 power supply, corsair gold. i am running windows 11.

I've been getting a black screen error for about a week now. I don't think it's an overclocking or underclocking crash or something called wattman. the image goes away completely, and when I turn the computer off and on, there is no image on my second screen and adrenaline software won't open. I have to delete and reinstall the driver with DDU. When I enter a game, I have the problem again between 1 minute up to 6 hours.

I have been having the problem for about 1 week, what have I tried for a solution?

I have rolled back windows updates.
I have tried 23.10.1, 23.9.3, 23.9.2, 23.9.1.
I have also tried to remove residuals with other programs besides ddu.
I have deleted many drivers on my computer, closed msconfig and most startup programs.
I even removed my second screen.
I tried various methods like overclocking, underclocking, default settings.
my bios settings are default, I played with them a little bit.
I also turned off and on features like fast boost in power options and bios settings.
I also played with the hertz and adaptive sync settings of my monitors with no solution.
I tried various things in the afterburner program, it happened when I turned it off completely.

What have I not yet tried as a solution?

I haven't formatted yet, I can try clean w11 or w10.
one of my monitor is dp and one is hdmi. i haven't tried with other cables yet.
I haven't changed the power cables to my video card.
I have not yet reverted to an older version as a video card driver.
I haven't done any tests to see if there is a problem with my power supply or my video card / I also don't know.

It's been more than 6 months since I bought the products. I've never had this problem before, but for the last 1 week I've been having it constantly. Does anyone have any solution suggestions, thank you very much.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, have you tried Disabling FreeSync, Virtual Super Resolution or in game overlay mode?

I was careful not to change the settings, just in case amd knows something.

The VSR setting is automatically turned off,
I turned off the freesync settings on my monitors but the "freesync optimized for amd" setting on the software is on
I turned off hotkeys but not game overlay before, I will try it thank you.

You're welcome. Yes, sometimes the features tend to be causing them.

0 Likes