cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

rock12
Adept II

New hardware is letting me down greatly

So i have recently updated my personal gaming rig from a 3700X CPU and a 5700XT GPU to a 7800X3D CPU and a 7900XTX GPU and in the last 3 months this is my issues,
- Terrible performance in League of legends
- Terrible performance in grounded
- Crashing in Dying light 2
- Crashing in Dead island 2
- Crashing in COD Cold War Zombies
- Can not play any of my Kingdom Hearts games.

I have done everything i can think of like fresh installing my games and my windows 11 install and ill be honest if anyone asked me if i would recommend this id probably have to say no as i feel like this is just unacceptable. Am i alone with this terrible reliability? Do i just have faulty components? Please let me know?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

Please:

• Search the forums for existing discussions which may contain a solution to your issue before creating a new discussion.
  • Use a title that accurately summarizes your issue. Do not use titles like “Help Me” or “Driver issue”.
  • Post your discussion in the appropriate board for a faster and more helpful response.

When creating a new discussion, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue, including the steps to reproduce the issue.

Below is an example of the essential information to provide when posting a new discussion.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried using DDU to uninstall old drivers, and downloading the drivers directly from AMD's support page? Is your chipset up to date? Do you experience any overheating? Do the games that crash throw error codes?

Do you have multiple cables running from the power supply to the GPU? Are you using one PCIe cable with multiple connectors? If so, stop that, use individual cables for each 8 Pin connection on the GPU.

Do you see artifacts before the crashes? Are they just standard crashes, or does the PC lock up? What are the specs of your PC? CPU, GPU, MOBO, RAM Configuration, Storage, PSU.

Is Windows Update overwriting your drivers? Here is a guide to stop that from happening. https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/how-to-stop-updates-for-drivers-with-windows-update...

You haven't provided the information needed to help you. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
InnerConflict
Adept II

Not to sound like a complete **bleep** but, you only buy matured hardware. RDNA3 is AMD`s most faulty hardware launch since VEGA. Too prototypey. It´s why I went RDNA2 and I´m happy with it. But you reporting these issues is godsend in case AMD decides to finally move their ass and improve drivers for RDNA3, because there shouldn´t be an excuse as to why RDNA3 receives such  a slow and lackluster support......

rock12
Adept II

Sorry guys you seem to misunderstand what im writing this post about. All i want to know is if anyone else with the new GPU and new CPU is experiencing any of these problems. Iv have built 4 seperate custom PCs over the years all built by me and this one has been the biggest let down (also the most expensive). AM5 has had a rough start with bad bios launches and yes i also have an asus mobo as well and they had there own problems with that but the terrible slow bois boot up frustrates me and i guess i just expect a more stable experience from a companies flagship components. Dont get me wrong the performance in most games is amazing and its a big step up from my 5700XT but i just feel the stability is not there and the fact that 3 of my regular games i want to play have issues just bothers me. Like i have said though all i want to know is if anyone else is having any reliability issues with their 7000 series CPU or 7000 series GPU.

Full specs are here and everything is updated to the latest as i am VERY **bleep** about updates.
7800X3D CPU
Asus strix x670e-e Mobo
2x16GB gskill 6000MHz Ram with expo on
250GB samsung 960 nvme boot drive
2x 2TB 980 Pro samsung drives
Seasonic 750w Titanium PSU with 3 individual 8 pin power cables going to my gpu
7900XTX Red devil OC GPU
Fractal Meshify s2 case
3 120mm noctua Industrial ppc fans for intake
3 120 mm fractal fans for exhaust
1 140mm noctua industrial ppc fan for exhaust
noctua d15 amd edition CPU cooler
i have 2 1080p monitors 1 is freesync and 144Hz connected with DP the other is 60hz connected with HDMI
Everything is built correctly including the ram location and psu power cables

I dont OC anything besides what comes in the box E.g. RAM and factory oc for GPU and temp is not an issue as both my cpu and gpu sit at 60c when under heavy load and the hotspot on gpu might hit 80c 

I feel that this is just an amd issue with immature drivers and compatibility.

0 Likes

7900XTX. How much does it draw when you game? Does it crash in games when you exceed a certain powertarget on the GPU? What happens when you undervolt? a 7900xtx red devil with powerlimit to the max can draw up to 400W and overwhelm a 750W PSU, but... i guess you run plenty of games where you hit cpu limits and never go above 200W anyway. so the PSU shouldn´t be the problem. I really think it must be ASUS and that mobo OR you just got a bad GPU. plenty of bad news of 7800x3d´s and asus boards lately. same for red devils and faulty batch going around for RDNA 2 and 3.In this case, like me, you have to deal with two problems, ASUS and PowerColor having awful qualitycontrol lately.

OR as was the case with my friends Red Devil 6950XT, where he also had the infamous jayztwocents crashing, which looks sort of what you have, and a big batch of even rtx3070´had those crashing issues, it was simply a defective card. my friend got one, he warrantied it and then everything was fine, he had no more crashes. at first we suspected PSU, bios, drivers, OS, in the end it was just a faulty chip. alot of red devil cards received a bad batch of dies recently. powercolor denies it. but their RMA rate is crazy for the red devils compared to other stuff. and gigabyte rtx3060ti´s have hynix memorychip issues lately.

just because something has ROG on it and is ASUS, or is a red devil, or seems high quality, it necessarily doesn´t have to be. Always accept the fact that, especially because of the pandemic, there´s a lot of bad QC/QA in the tech industry recently. RMA rates are higher than between 2010 and 2018.