cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

StefanelT
Journeyman III

My PC won't boot in BIOS.

Hi. I just upgraded my CPU and also the motherboard to a i5-11400f with Z590 Aorus Ultra. All fine, until I booted it. The Gigabyte logo won't even show, and the monitor won't start until the pc boot windows. Also, on the Status Led on the motherboard, the VGA red light stays on. I can't go in Bios, because I want to reinstall my windows and change the frequency of my RAM, but the monitor doesn't turn on in BIOS. I have an RX580 Nitro+ 8gb and I have the most recent drivers. What can i do?

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

Quite often you can just hit the key that triggers going into bios once every second or so, and the bios screen will display normally once there. I have a keyboard with lights, and I know it's active when i see it light up, even though nothing is displaying.

Start sequence for me: Lights on keyboard, then lights go off due to starting windows, then lights on keyboard go back on.

The same it happens with my keyboard, but when I press the BIOS buttons, the screen will stay black until I force the PC to shut down. It just doesn't show the BIOS

0 Likes

By any chance did you change your BIOS from CSM Mode (Legacy) to UEFI Mode?

Some monitors aren't compatible in UEFI mode (Windows 11 OS) and  doesn't give out video output during POST or BIOS until Windows starts loading.

I have 2 4K LG Monitors and both have no video outputs in UEFI mode only if I set BIOS to CSM Mode does it have video output.

I recently purchased a Samsung 4k Monitor and that had video output during POST or BIOS but unfortunately I had to RMA the monitor within 2 days of use for being defective so I purchased another LG 4k Monitor with the same issue as my first LG 4k Monitor.

My work around to that was using my 2k Samsung Smart TV that does have video output in UEFI mode after disconnecting the cable to my LG 4k Monitor. Once I configure BIOS I then reconnect the cable to my LG 4k Monitor again.

0 Likes

I don't know how I can change that, so I think not:))

0 Likes

I realize that you don't have access to BIOS at the present time but the point I was trying to make was try connecting a different Monitor to see if you get video output during POST or BIOS.

If you upgraded to Windows 11 and possibly upgraded your Motherboard BIOS it is a good chance that the newer BIOS version automatically set your PC to run Windows 11 by enabling Secure Boot and switching to UEFI mode.

0 Likes