cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Kokosek
Adept I

Insane latency spikes and audio stutters with drivers newer than 23.9.1

I already wrote few tickets to amd but it seems like they reallly dont care at all. I cant use new drivers cuz it stutters like hell and latency mon shows there is issues with gpu drivers. I wonder if they will ever fix it tbh. I tried everything and nothing works, writing to amd also so I think nothing left here. Amd healed me from buying their gpu cards for whole life probably.(its 6800M gpu so mobile version of 6700XT)xxaaaa.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Laptops are finicky about drivers, as they need to be developed to work with all of the hardware in the laptop. Your best bet would be to check if the issue exists in the drivers provided on the specific product support page for your machine. Usually I advise people only use drivers put out by the laptop manufacturer, because these are optimized for that set of hardware. It's unfortunate that things are the way they are. Many manufacturers don't update their drivers for laptops often, but that is probably the best thing you can do to avoid compatibility issues that are causing the problem you are facing. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Kokosek
Adept I

Latest driver that work without any issues is 23.9.1 from August 2023 so I guess for now I will stick with this one. Its kinda sad that amd gpus are great but driver support is kinda terrible. I sent another few tickets through bug tool maybe someday they will fix it. 

0 Likes