cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

curt21
Adept I

Hi how do I update AMD adrenalin edition? its at V10 that came with laptop 3 years ago.

Hello when I right click desktop and open AMD adrenalin edition in the settings there's no update button. and when I click on link that shows my driver is at V10 and newest driver is at V24.  1st why has this not checked for driver updates on its own? or why has AMD not sent me a update?

But when I wanted to update it a note came up saying the version 10.0 is what my pc was designed to use and should not update the driver.  

So what should I do?  and if you think updating to V24 from V10 won't hurt my performance or damage anything else in the adrenaline AMD edition how do I find the link here to update the newest driver version?

thx for any help and ideas

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Laptop manufacturers often release custom graphics drivers which is probably why it is recommending against upgrading and why it is better to get the driver from the manufacturer when available.

If you want to try the AMD driver then check your Windows Device Manager under Display adapters and/or Processors, then manually select the appropriate driver from the Download page.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes