cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

MatteBlack
Adept I

Dying light 2/shader issues?? driver 24.1.1- sapphire radeon 7900xt

I am new to PC so i apologize if this a stupid fix/question. i have been playing DL2 for a while before this problem occurred. While playing in d3d12(Raytracing) it began to display purple and green boxes overlaying against the streets and walls. i have tried resetting shader caches and it seemed to work temporarily. i have tried switching to dx11 in game and the color issue goes away but i get horrible stutter making it unplayable. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Screenshot 2024-02-25 134525.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
owens
Journeyman III

hi ive found a solution for this. useing dx11 wasnt going to work for me because of the intense stuttering i looked to dx12 instead. i was having the same problems with the shaders but found in settings that if you turn global illumanation to ultra raytracing mode it gets rid of the issues allbeit you now have less fps i have a 7800xt and its more playable now but it should be even better for you

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

I suggest verifying game in steam. I see a cache file named "dx12psocache.bin" under under "..\Documents\dying light 2\out" directory. I would delete that so that the game rebuilds this file. You could make a backup before deleting if you want.

Sorry for the late reply. I was unable to find that folder you said anywhere in the dl2 files. Im also horrible with pc so its very possible i may have missed it 

0 Likes

Oh sorry, I assumed everyone knew the documents folder location. So

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\dying light 2\out",

where you replace "<username>" with your windows username.

owens
Journeyman III

hi ive found a solution for this. useing dx11 wasnt going to work for me because of the intense stuttering i looked to dx12 instead. i was having the same problems with the shaders but found in settings that if you turn global illumanation to ultra raytracing mode it gets rid of the issues allbeit you now have less fps i have a 7800xt and its more playable now but it should be even better for you

I will give this a go. Thank you!

0 Likes