Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Cavecoon
Journeyman III

Driver crashes 22.12.2

Hi,

we recently build a new AMD powered system with a Ryzen 7 5800X3D and a RX 6950 XT, on Windows 10. But due to massive issues with the drivers, we switched to a RX 7900 XT and we still have the exact same issues even with Windows 11.

We really tried everything. The only way to fix it, is to switch to nvidia.
This issues occur in nearly every game.
First the game starts to freeze, then we get a DirectX Error "DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.
This happened with Adrenalin 22.11.2 (RX 6950XT) and now with 22.12.2 (RX 7900 XT) too.

I'm running out of ideas and we tried EVERYTHING we found. Even the limitation of frames (with radeon chill), we first thought this helped, but sadly the issue occured again with delay.
We disabled vsync, Radeons Sync option is already disabled.

Is there anything we could try to fix this? Or do we have to wait for a new driver version? We submitted few of the crashes.

PC Build:
MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
32GB G.Skill RipJaws V schwarz DDR4-3600
850 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold
PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XT AMD Edition

Best regards

3 Replies
KromTF
Journeyman III

I have this same exact issue and almost identical specs.
I also find that the hangs happen when running Edge or Chrome even if I disable hardware acceleration in the browsers.
Game crashes happen most often for me in WH40k Darktide where I get the crash once out of every 3 or 4 matches.  It happens when I just join a game and res into the map.  Boom, freeze then black screen.  Wait a minute, get my crash notifications from AMD and the game and then I reboot to try again.
I've been an AMD and ATI fanboy since the All In Wonder, but their drivers have ALWAYS been underwhelming and I'm getting too old for this anymore. I'm ready to move to a more stable card as I don't think they'll ever get their drivers in order.

I'm running:
Asus B550M-A-AC
Ryzen 5 5600X
32GB G.Skill RipJaws
Power Color Red Devil RX 6700XT

0 Likes
lordzerg
Adept I

I have maybe the same issue, with drivers after november/december 2022 till now I have PC freeze when I play games + open browser I'm not sure the browser is connected to this at all.
So my PC is with Ryzen 2700X 32gb ram, and the most important video card is AMD RX 5700 XT. 
To be able to play games I'm using now 22.07 from July they seems to be the most stable, but now I need to use custom drivers from AMD to use Stable Diffusion but I also want to play games, and now I must choose between playing games or use Stable Diffusion witch require this special driver 
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.1 for MLIR/IREE Driver Version 22.20.29.09
I also found some windows 10 update problem that I thought could be connected to this PC freeze it happened on December 2022 also. But is is about Ryzen CPU and is fixing Spectre 2 vulnerability. I don't believe its connected I think it is from the video drivers because when I use the July version I have 0 problems.
I can add here also 1 more problem with drivers from December, the problem is with Chrome browser the mouse cursor is lagging and freezing and jumping its weird AF like 20 years ago  

0 Likes
KromTF
Journeyman III

I am running Windows 11 Pro.  I just changed myself to running the Insider build Beta channel.

Part of the beta build was a new AMD video driver:
Driver Version 22.20.27.06-221201a-386340E
AMD Windows Driver Version 31.0.12029.10015

Adrenalin recognized I'm using a beta driver provided by Windows update and removed my ability to update the driver through the Adrenalin app.  Which is fine because everything seems a lot more stable so far.  I need to test some more but I think AMD has new drivers in the works that MAY fix the issues.  I'll write back after a few more days of testing.

0 Likes