cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

MyrZiK
Journeyman III

Display "no signal" when monitor plugged by displayport

Hey, everybody. I've looked through a lot of information, but didn't find it useful for me.
I have a 6600XT and the problem is that when I connect the monitor only to the display port, after booting bios and initial booting windows(11pro 22H) the monitor shows "no signal", although the computer is working, it can be cured if you switch off the computer via the power button (press 5 sec) and switch on again - everything works fine until the next shutdown (if you reboot, everything is fine). And this behaviour happens only for DP, if you connect the monitor via HDMI, there will be no problems.
What I tried to do:
1. uninstall/completely clean and reinstall drivers(23.7.2)
2. Swapped different DP ports/changed cables
3. "I turned on UEFI and set the CSM auto" from this thread (https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/quot-displayport-no-signal-quot-after-installing-the-g...After doing this, the monitor first switches off, then switches on again and shows just a black screen
4. I also restored the Power Plan, turned off sleep for the monitors and a lot of other little things from the internet.

Any other thoughts on what can be done?

My specs:

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming (BIOS Version 6202)

Ryzen 7 5800x

Radeon RX 6600 XT Sapphire Hellbound

Power Supply: Hipro 850W

0 Likes
6 Replies
tenzo23
Elite

Your monitor may not be auto-detecting the source correctly. Check the monitor OSD settings and manually set Input to DP. If it has DP Format, select 1.2 or above. Also, enable Freesync if the option is there.

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

I've tried changing it manually, it doesn't work.
I couldn't find where to change DP Format (Asus tuf vg27aq1a )
if Freesync is on or off - it doesn't make any difference either
I've also tried playing with the sweep frequency and it doesn't help either.

0 Likes

Try Disabling CSM and make sure AMD fTPM is enabled.

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

CSM was off from the start, but then I set it to auto. It was unsuccessful in both cases.

AMD fTPM is enabled

0 Likes
MyrZiK
Journeyman III

I forgot to add the information. After doing step 3, the monitor first switches off, then switches on again and shows just a black screen

0 Likes

Hi, did you solve this issue? If so, please share. I am having the same problem.

0 Likes