cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timfocak
Adept I

"Displayport no signal" after installing the gpu drivers

Windows without any drivers works fine with displayport. Bios shows up too. But after installing the amd gpu drivers it goes to black screen and says "Displayport: no signal". After that, when ever i boot to windows it says no signal but i know that my dp cable works fine. Also hdmi has no issues, so at the moment i am using hdmi. I tested displayport on my gpu via hdmi to displayport converter and it works so gpu is not faulty. Again, my monitor wouldnt display anything if its displayport was broken. I was lucky enough to get a second monitor to see whats happening while i plugged in the displayport. When i plug in the displayport, pc starts stuttering, gpu drivers starts doing janky things like monitor keep dissappearing and appearing. After a while drivers completly crashed. I tried installing older drivers like 19.12.2 but still same.

My pc specs are: 

-Ryzen 7 2700x

-Asus tuf x470 gaming plus

-rx590 saphire nitro+ 50th year edition

-Gskill ripjaws 3200mhz 16cl 2x8gb

-Toshiba Ocz RC500 250GB

-Coolermaster 750W 80+Bronze

-Monitor: ASUS 27" VG27VQ TUF GAMING

Im really frusturated because it makes no sense to me. I believe its a driver problem.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
timfocak
Adept I

I found the fix

I turned on UEFI and set the CSM auto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
timfocak
Adept I

Ok, its been a while and i found a better answer for my proplem. 

My problem had to do with motherboard, not GPU or drivers... I own an old pc case which has different ports other than usb. They require different ports on motherboard to work. So what happened is that, while building it i plugged in this old ass connector cable to the motherboard usb port. After that, whenever i launched my pc, it had to understand what's plugged into it. Because of the cable I wrongly inserted, motherboard would go into CSM and Other Os mode to understand what's that cable for. Since it took a lot of time, motherboard wouldn't display bios.

TLDR: I plugged in a cable into a wrong motherboard port. And that caused the whole drivers to crash.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
timfocak
Adept I

I found the fix

I turned on UEFI and set the CSM auto

0 Likes

Would be even better if you could disable the CSM as well, but that depends if you have need for legacy hardware at boot time, which in most home cases is not needed at all.

So i guess the days for legacy Bios boots is coming to an end, good show for all those refurbishers who deny going to UEFI even on UEFI purpose build machines. lol.

0 Likes

My Dell T5500 doesnt have UEFI only legacy Boot... and I cant find any solution to the D-Port issue...

0 Likes
timfocak
Adept I

Ok, its been a while and i found a better answer for my proplem. 

My problem had to do with motherboard, not GPU or drivers... I own an old pc case which has different ports other than usb. They require different ports on motherboard to work. So what happened is that, while building it i plugged in this old ass connector cable to the motherboard usb port. After that, whenever i launched my pc, it had to understand what's plugged into it. Because of the cable I wrongly inserted, motherboard would go into CSM and Other Os mode to understand what's that cable for. Since it took a lot of time, motherboard wouldn't display bios.

TLDR: I plugged in a cable into a wrong motherboard port. And that caused the whole drivers to crash.

0 Likes