cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

KillFireteam
Journeyman III

Computer BSOD's randomly and very fractured.

20240315_001359.png

I will just be randomly playing a game or something, in 3 times in a row this has appeared out of no where with no warning or anything.
I don't know what it is but from what I've read it's Driver Error but I am unsure if that is so. My GPU still works very well with no issues other than this.
My drivers are all up-to-date, is something corrupted?
Is there a way to fix it?

And I also experience random artifacting during video games, it isn't intense, but it's noticeable. 

0 Likes
12 Replies
doomcreeper
Adept III

Ваш компьютер разогнан?

0 Likes

No, nothing is overclocked.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

You need to get more information on what is specifically causing the bsod. Use the event viewer to find the root of failuire. BSOD is hardware or driver failure, but generally it is due to some hardware failure.

At a minimum, you should be running the SFC and DISM commands to restore and verify windows install. Before doing those commands I would also recommend doing a chkdsk to make sure the drive is in stable condition.

0 Likes

I checked the event viewer and only thing in the 7 day period it logged was an unexpected reboot of the system. 
I did also just now run DISM and SFC like you mentioned and nothing showed up. image.png

0 Likes

Forgot to note, I did also run chkdsk and nothing also showed up. 

0 Likes

Ok. Then that points to hardware/driver failure and not a corrupted driver file. I suggest googling for getting details of BSOD since you need to narrow down what is failing. I would post links here but that can take days to get approved here by moderator in my experience.

0 Likes

Where would I start on how to check? I'm unsure by what you mean "getting details of BSOD".
I'm not all that so tech-knowledged with PC Troubleshooting.

0 Likes

posting some links in another post

0 Likes

This will help hopefully narrow down faulting driver and hardware. Additionally, you might already have some mindumps in "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" whih would allow you to view details with bluescreen viewer. Need to find out which driver is causing the bsod. That's what i mean by details.

Output more details and looking at the memory dump:

https://superuser.com/questions/1035441/how-to-make-windows-10-bsod-show-more-details-like-older-ver...

This one is about looking in event viewer:

https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4065/~/how-to-retrieve-bsod-error-codes

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Please post system specs. Would also be helpful to run overlay metrics logging during a game session to record details at the time of crash.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB ( 4x8GB ) Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz
B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
RX 6750 XT
6TB HDD / 220GB SSD

Is this good?

0 Likes