Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

AliNikotin
Journeyman III

Asus rx570 does not support 2024 driver

Hello friends

•  I have an Asus rog strix rx570 8gb graphics card, and whatever I do, the Amd driver version 1.1.2024 is not installed, and when the installation starts, it says that your graphics are not supported, and only versions 4.2023 and earlier are installed, even though the Amd site says that the driver 2024 is supported by rx570, my Windows 10 version is 2023, my question is, does AMD no longer support graphics like RX570 and has it retired? Or there is another reason why it is not installed, please help me if you know a solution.
0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

AMD announced last year that Polaris and Vega are moving to legacy support.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/21126/amd-reduces-ongoing-driver-support-for-polaris-and-vega-gpus

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

As far as I am aware AMD is still supporting all RX series GPU cards including the 500 series GPU cards as per AMD Download page for the RX 570: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

The link posted by FunkZ mentions that your GPU card is not in legacy status but that AMD drivers won't be as advanced or feature rich as the newer GPU card drivers. Here is AMD response to the linked article:

The AMD Polaris and Vega graphics architectures are mature, stable and performant and don’t benefit as much from regular software tuning.  Going forward, AMD is providing critical updates for Polaris- and Vega-based products via a separate driver package, including important security and functionality updates as available.  The committed support is greater than for products AMD categorizes as legacy, and gamers can still enjoy their favorite games on Polaris and Vega-based products.

From the above link of the Latest AMD Driver "Release Notes" concerning compatibility of Operating Systems:

Compatible Operating Systems

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.

• Windows 11 version 21H2 and later
  • Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and later

One thing that is important for installing the latest AMD Driver, your Windows 10 must be fully updated  via Windows Update.

So make sure you have all the latest Windows 10 Updates installed not including Drivers.

Also make sure your Windows Driver Update is "DISABLED" from updating drivers via Windows Update. Here is how to do it: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

This will prevent Windows Update from replacing your current AMD driver with one that is incompatible.

Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and delete the AMD Driver installation folder, if created, at C:\AMD. Run DDU and when it reboots back into Windows install the full latest AMD Driver with the Internet disconnected.

NOTE: Post back the exact AMD Installation error you are getting if it fails again. Also run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following simple command line;  SFC /scannow .

That command will check your Windows 10 for any corruption or missing files and repair it.