cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1 Release Notes

This discussion is for community members to share their experience using AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1.

For the full driver release notes and download link refer to: AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1 driver release notes.

• Highlights
  • New Game Support
    • Frostpunk 2
    • God of War Ragnarök
    • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
    • The Sims™ 4 DirectX® 11 Update
  • AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) 2
    • Lower Latency and Higher Performance
      • AFMF 2 enhances fast-paced gaming by significantly reducing frame generation latency and improving performance scaling through new modes.
    • Fast Motion Optimization
      • Enjoy smoother gameplay and higher FPS with improved frame generation consistency during fast motion.
    • Improved Borderless-Fullscreen Support
      • Expanded display mode support for RDNA 3 series graphics products ensures compatibility with virtually all borderless fullscreen games.
    • Expanded API Support
      • AFMF 2 can now be enabled for any OpenGLNEW, VulkanNEW, DirectX® 11, and DirectX® 12 titles.
    • Radeon™ Chill Interoperability
      • AFMF 2 now supports Radeon™ Chill, providing a low-latency FPS capping option.
    • Optimized AMD Ryzen AI™ 300 Series Support
      • AFMF 2 is optimized for an extensive list of AMD products, including AMD Ryzen AI™ 300 series processors. Learn more HERE.
    • A major advancement in frame generation technology for AMD HYPR-RX.
  • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Vulkan® Support for Counter-Strike 2
    • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 now supports the Vulkan® API, offering additional responsive gaming options. Anti-Lag 2 introduces an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based graphics products.
  • Users looking for a way to measure response time can use our Frame Latency Meter (FLM) or the built-in latency monitor in AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
        • Use the ALT+SHIFT+L hotkey to enable the Radeon Anti-Lag 2 Latency Monitor. Once activated, a small white chevron will appear in the top left corner of your display, indicating that it is enabled.
        • Use ALT+SHIFT+L again to cycle through the following Latency Monitor display options: No metrics, FPS only, FPS and latency (in ms), FPS and latency (in ms and frames), FPS and latency (in ms and frames) with a legend.
        • To compare the difference between Anti-Lag 2 On and Anti-Lag Off, hold the right CTRL key.
  • Check out our new blog HERE to learn more about the AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 SDK.
  • Geometric Downscaling for Video
    • Improved image quality by reducing artifacts during downscaled video playback.
  • Geometric Downscaling is supported on AMD Radeon™ 800M integrated graphics, as well as AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 series desktop and mobile discrete graphics cards.
  • Expanded AMD Radeon™ Boost Support
    • FINAL FANTASY XVI
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support
    • Black Myth: Wukong
    • Creatures of Ava
    • God of War Ragnarök
    • Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
    • HYPR-Tune support allows HYPR-RX to enable in-game technologies like AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution and AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2.
    • Support has been added to automatically configure AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3 with frame generation in:
    • Support has been added to automatically configure AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 in:
  • Expanded Vulkan Extensions Support
  • Mesh Nodes in Work Graphs via Microsoft Agility SDK 1.715.0 Preview
    • View our accompanying blog post on GPUOpen to learn more about Mesh Nodes in Work Graphs and how to enable it.
    • Find our Work Graphs Mesh Nodes samples on GitHub.

Fixed Issues and Improvements

• Intermittent driver timeout or application crash while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2.
  • Intermittent driver timeout or application crash during certain cutscenes while playing FINAL FANTASY XVI on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6600 XT.
  • Overly dark shadows or desaturated colors may be observed while playing Black Myth: Wukong when Global Illumination is to Medium or higher.
  • Intermittent in-game corruption may be observed while playing Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Record & Streaming and HDR enabled.
  • AFMF may become inactive after enabling certain on-screen overlays.
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition may unexpectedly initiate upon system wake from sleep mode.
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition.

Known Issues

• Intermittent performance when entering certain areas while playing DayZ. [Resolution targeted for 24.10.1]
  • Intermittent driver timeout or crash may be observed while playing Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the AMD Ryzen™ AI 9 HX 370. Users experiencing this issue can enable Variable Graphics Memory in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition as a temporary measure (AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition -> Performance -> Tuning -> Variable Graphics Memory).

Important Notes

AMD is collaborating with the developers of Frostpunk 2 to resolve an intermittent issue causing in game flicker while using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Record and Stream.

AMD is collaborating with the developers of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 to resolve an intermittent issue causing black flickering around certain water areas.

If you would like to report an issue with AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 24.9.1, please use the AMD Bug Report Tool. If you require technical assistance with your AMD product, please contact AMD Customer Care.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.8.1, use the tag FORUM-24-9-1-GAMER56

80 Replies

Thank you,

you fixed the problem with Greedfall not booting! Good job!

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

I really wish someone can figure out the difference between May’s driver and what changed from June on. I have numerous games that have absolutely poor performance. I have to keep reverting to May’s drivers. I just tried Alan Wake II and it’s atrocious, even worse performance when I put on MSI Afterburner OSD. Performance tanks. It seems normal when I put it into Borderless Fullscreen but that’s not acceptable. I did ran the clean up utility again, reinstalled May’s drivers and I was getting 60fps at 16ms. Fallout 4 had 100% micro stutter. I tried again with May’s drivers and there was 0%. What is going on here? Windows 11 is up to date, I have a 7900 XT.

24.5.1 is the last version that did not cause a problem for me

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Same for me. I have no idea what’s happening but so many random games stutter like crazy. Riven, Fallout 4, Alan Wake II, Bioshock Infinite. All these random awful after installing any driver after 24.5.1. Every month I’m hopeful to have new features and improved performance. I’m wondering if it has to do with Fluid Motion Frames being implemented? I never turn it on because my TV only does 4K at 60hz. So I just don’t need to go beyond that. But the fact that it’s now baked into drivers, I’m wondering if it has anything to do with poor performance in some games.

Same for me too.  They really seemed to have got their act together pretty well for the 24.5.1 drivers.  Since then it seems they've been so busy chasing fake fluid frames that they can't actually deliver the games own frames in the right order

If the 24.10.1 drivers don't address this then the next numbers I'll be waiting on will be 5 0 8 0.

777LS777
Journeyman III

Wot blitz goes frame by frame at stable fps on 7900 xtx

mr_YARS
Adept I

In this version of the drivers, there are issues with OBS, most likely related to the encoder. When starting a livestream on Twitch, the stream works for 1-2 minutes and then shows "Stream OFFLINE," even though OBS indicates that everything is fine and the stream is ongoing. There are also issues when recording video in OBS, with a 1-2 second black screen in the VLC player.

Kartoffel_69
Adept I

afterafterbeforebeforeI lost a lot of performance on my rx7600xt after this update

Weird, mine seemed about the same.  Like spot on. You sure you dont have some other setting going on?

furmark 24.9.1.jpg

It's the same configuration on both, with a difference of a few hours, I used 24.8 and when 24.9 came out I just updated, restarted the PC and reran the test

I even reinstalled the driver, uninstalled it with DDU and directly installed the most current one

0 Likes

Also, you are a month behind. AKA 24.8, vs 24.9 ....  

0 Likes
user5345
Adept I

Great work excellent drivers no problems, AFMF 2 works even better ! thank you AMD !

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

So far, everything's working fine with this release on my 6800XT under Windows 10.

0 Likes
BigKachan
Journeyman III

Can someone please explain why the update was named 24.9.1 when the previous version was 24.20.11.01? Was it some hot fix instead of a full version?

It's preview drivers.

observe
Journeyman III

will we see a driver update supporting Throne And Liberty

Lacke
Journeyman III

This update causes a black screen after logging in if fast startup is disabled. 

CPU:7535HS

GPU:6550M

windows fast start up hangs onto previous drivers, so you might need to clear the cache for it. I never use it due to past issues all the way back to win 7. The small bit of time saved is not worth the potential problems.

0 Likes

Fast startup is turned off. No blackscreen when fast startup is turned on. I reverted back to 24.8.1 since the new update is also messing with MSI Center, which the app keeps loading. 

erikovick
Adept III

Is this version worth installing?

BroRow
Journeyman III

I tried installing this driver this morning. However it seems to be causing a wider problem making my PC un-usable. It will completely shut down my ability to open any applications, I cannot even CNTRL ALT DELETE. It disables my internet connection too. I was stuck in an endless loop or "rebooting" my system, I tried re-setting the motherboard too which didnt work. 

I know its the driver causing this because I have now inititated a recovery and rolled back to the previous version (24.8.1) and my PC is working perfectly fine now. 

P.S I had this EXACT same issue when I attempted to use the experimental drivers because Space Marine 2 is unplayable with 24.8.1 for me (All other games work perfectly fine). Doing a rollback to pre-install also fixed the problem that time. 

FYI, I am running on a Ryzen 7, 7800X3D paired with a Gigabyte, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX..

Any idea's what may be causing this? 

SH1F7ER
Journeyman III

Hello. Although with the new drivers Cossacks 3 Steam version started working properly, I started having some random texture issues in Cossacks 3 in both Steam and GOG versions (at max settings).

P.s.: Thank you, Cossacks 1 is working now also on Windows 10

i7 11700K, RX 6950 XT2024-10-06 (2).png

0 Likes
radu1006
Elite

I have some problems with the 360 videos on youtube. They seem to get stuck with this driver version. Did anyone try any 360 videos?

amdgamer015
Adept I

Hello All

Updated to Windows 11 24H2 via Update Assistant,  anyways also have Adrenalin 24.9.1.  that still randomly opens when i right click for some reason

I just want this fixed, even if it means i have to restore to a Clean Windows 11 Install,  as this issue is highly annoying

Welcome any Suggestions on fixing this for good

kelcelt30
Journeyman III

When is Virtual Super Resolution going to get fixed? "Default performance tuning settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" pops up every time I change to 1440p or 4k and play Red Dead Redemption 2, Witcher 3, and some other games. It's really annoying since I'm used to playing on DSR 1440p on my old RTX 2060, now on my RX 6800 I can't without having an error.

DeXTeR_007
Adept II

Main simple rule. First Download Am5 chipset from motherboard after download 24.9.1 do not ever use auto driver installations auto installers. Second Download DDU and AMD cleanup utility. When finish disconnect internet and uninstall old chipset. Go in safe mode and delete display drivers with DDU it will auto restart and do same with AMD cleanup utility it will auto return you in normal mode. When you are back delete temporary filer and clear driver and display cache. Install first chipset and then 24.9.1 drivers. When finish connect to internet and enjoy.

0 Likes
Alik
Journeyman III

sorry if off topic, but I have such a problem that amd indicators do not display fps, okay if it were in some, but in all my games it does not display fps. If you have encountered such a problem, please write how to fix it?

0 Likes
chambs1
Adept I

Fortnite crashes within the first couple minutes of starting up game on this driver. Previous drivers work fine.

7900 XTX and 5800X3D. I use TSR Quality at all Epic settings, Lumen. Nanite, Hardware RT. 2560 x 1440. This is the first driver that has done this for my setup.

0 Likes
johnson
Journeyman III

Feature request, give us the option to choose which GPU handles AFMF.

0 Likes
curtman75
Journeyman III

Good morning, the latest version of the drivers cause my PC to have an error when starting Windows 10 which presents an artificial screen, which disappeared only by restarting the PC. I changed GPU from an RX7900XT Asus Tuf Gaming to a Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XT and the problem continued to occur. I formatted the PC and reinstalled all the drivers to the latest available version, I updated the BIOS of the Motherboard, but the problem persisted. I tried my 2 laptops, a tinkpad and an HP and I never had the problem, therefore I ruled out a monitor problem. The last test was to uninstall the latest version of the adrenaline drivers, switching to the previous ones (amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-driver-24-8-1) and the problem no longer occurred. Can I understand why I can't use the latest version of your drivers?
I attach a Screen of the problem

System

Main Board: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Memorie: 4 * G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-8GTZNC

Chipset grafico: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT

Scheda grafica: Sapphire RX 7900 XT NITRO+

Nome monitor: BenQ EX3415R

462595196_1719637125460503_5589098827528608134_n.jpg

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

Installed and so far no issues

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / AMD RX7900 XTX / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes
Lucasm_bsc
Journeyman III

Captura de tela 2024-09-03 155559.png

I'm having a problem with BF2042, after I went to Windows 11 24H2, it uses driver 24.5.1 and had lag in the game, when the driver 24.6.1 compatible with 24H2 came out, the Directx 12 error started, we are already in version 24.9.1 and nothing of the error disappears, I've done everything, but nothing solves the problem.

0 Likes
Parinceo
Journeyman III

I started to notice that after updating to 24.9.1 my GPU fan was constantly on while doing some light tasks/browsing which never happened before. So i checked with both HWinfo and confirmed with watt meter from the wall and discovered that at idle my 6700XT was consuming 30w constantly (watt meter is around 105w but it should be in the 80 range normally). I was thinking it could be some issues with some apps running in the background so i tried updating the apps or even closing the app altogether but I couldn't find anything. In the end, I reinstalled/downgraded to 24.8.1 and the GPU went immediately from 30w back to 6-7w (without even restarting my pc...after installing the old driver the power consumption dropped right away). Even with light browsing (even with 1080p youtube) it never consume more than 18w

0 Likes
higanami
Journeyman III

Why does AFMF 2 say that the game uses an incompatible windowed mode, even if it uses a compatible fullscreen mode? I've tried using it in Terraria (ModLoader) and Elden Ring. Everything worked fine at first, but after the reboot everything returned to its place

0 Likes
digibluez
Adept I

can we get support for  windows 11 24h2, the adrenaline control panel app constantly crashes

0 Likes

Was added in 24.6.1.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Beans1
Adept I

this driver has inscreased my idle total board power to a minimum of 92 watts and made my VRAM speed always at 2487MHz and my voltage is always at 686mv, please fix this AMD
Screenshot 2024-10-18 001213.png

7800x3d, RX7900XTX, ROG Strix B650e-e, 32gb 6000mhz cl32

0 Likes