cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

troya2023
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H not showing temperature

My AMD Ryzen 7 5800H not showing temperature when I check through task manager->performance. Is it ok? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

A laptop CPU generally has a much higher Maximum Operating Temperature due to the fact it is encased in a small enclosure.

The spec from AMD about your Ryzen 5800H shows the Maximum Operating Temperature is 105c and with a configurable TDP rating between 35 watts to 54 Watts.

I can't really answer your question about what is "Normal" but 80-85c doesn't sound that bad of a temperature while playing games for a laptop.

Maybe someone else can advise you on what their laptop temperatures are while playing games.

Also I wouldn't have so many monitoring programs running at the same time. It can cause issues. So select one monitoring software you feel is the most accurate and uninstall all the rest.

Maybe @kingfish might be able to answer you questions since it is knowledgeable about laptops in general.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

My reply in your other created thread concerning Ryzen Master might fix your issue.

No, it isn't okay, if you don't have a way of knowing if your processor is overheating or getting hot. Especially in a laptop.

Your laptop should come with its own OEM Laptop apps that can monitor all of your hardware in your laptop.

Will help immensely if you can post the exact Make & Model of your laptop.

0 Likes
troya2023
Adept I

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 16ACH6

0 Likes

Here is the Lenovo Download page for your laptop. To verify this is the correct download page input your laptop's serial number before downloading any drivers: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-slim-7-pro-16ach6/...

Screenshot 2023-02-03 150526.png

Lenovo's ThinkVantage Technology is the app you use to update all your drivers and apps in your laptop.

I really couldn't find any App that monitors your processor just by the description from the webpage.

So I would download Ryzen Controller and see if that monitors and shows your processor's temperatures or if you don't want to use Ryzen controller there are other monitoring software you can download that are free to use in laptops.

NOTE: By the way thanks for the update on your laptop's Make & Model.

troya2023
Adept I

oh, thank your for such a detailed instruction and for the recommendations. I installed Ryzen Controller as you recommended and it really shows the temperature. Also installed few other utilities.

Interesting fact that they are all showing not exactly the same temperature. So now I am curious how it works as the controller is the same. Maybe the reason they are reading data from controller and different times...

troya2023_0-1675457331329.png

Also is peak temperature during games running up to 93 degrees, (and most of the time while playing is 80-85) normal and safe? I am using cooling pad.   

A laptop CPU generally has a much higher Maximum Operating Temperature due to the fact it is encased in a small enclosure.

The spec from AMD about your Ryzen 5800H shows the Maximum Operating Temperature is 105c and with a configurable TDP rating between 35 watts to 54 Watts.

I can't really answer your question about what is "Normal" but 80-85c doesn't sound that bad of a temperature while playing games for a laptop.

Maybe someone else can advise you on what their laptop temperatures are while playing games.

Also I wouldn't have so many monitoring programs running at the same time. It can cause issues. So select one monitoring software you feel is the most accurate and uninstall all the rest.

Maybe @kingfish might be able to answer you questions since it is knowledgeable about laptops in general.

I am actually concerned about the power consumption of my 5800H, I used HWinfo to check the wattage of my cpu and it sucks up more than 64W of power during load.

0 Likes