cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

FullOfNix
Journeyman III

AMD Chipset Drivers

Hello, earlier this month my computer fell victim to a faulty power supply and too much heat which resulted in my capacitor blowing and motherboard catching on fire. As a result I had to buy a new motherboard (I got the TUF gaming x570-plus WIFI) and a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 5800x) and had best buy install them along with a new power supply.

However, when I got my PC back I noticed that the Bluetooth function does not work, after some googling I assumed I needed to download chipset driver. However, this is where the problem comes because no matter what I do I can not download the newest AMD Chipset drivers. I always get error 1720, and when using the app to install it I am greeted with a "system not compatible" message. I have updated my BIOS to the most current version, I have tried to fully delete AMD chipset drivers using device manager but it will not show up there or in control panel. I tried using Microsoft troubleshoot as well but to no avail, can anyone help me? I would very much appreciate it.

0 Likes
3 Replies

The BT drivers you would get from the motherboard website.

Have you read this for installation & troubleshooting https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I updated the Bluetooth drivers but it still is not working properly and the AMD Chipset still are not showing up. I'll attempt the troubleshoot solutions that are on the AMD website but a lot of reddit is saying I need to just do a clean install of Windows 11. Is this the best option, and if it is how would I go about doing this.

0 Likes

For Windows clean install or repair options, guides at https://www.elevenforum.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes