cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

explodingtaco99
Journeyman III

7900 XTX Driver timeouts

So, I've been experiencing an insane amount of driver timeouts recently, when I first bought the card everything was fine, been running it for a few months, bought in May of this year. Just this last week or two though, I keep getting these driver timeouts, start up my game, sometimes I can play for an hour or two, sometimes its almost instant, screen goes black, flickers a couple times, whatever game I'm playing crashes, then I get the driver timeout message from the Adrenalin Software. Things I have already tried for trouble shooting include, a full windows wipe/reinstall, DDU and reinstall drivers, disabling Windows multiplane overlay, disabling hardware acceleration for Microsoft Edge, disabling both hardware acceleration and OpenH264 Video Codec on Discord (this did seem to reduce the frequency of the driver timeouts but they still happen), checked power supply cables, and yes I run separate 8 pin cables for each connector on the GPU, reseated the GPU itself, verified there are no overclocks on my GPU, no temp problems either, and free sync, along with all the other AMD options on Adrenaline have been turned off. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know, as this is becoming very frustrating. Here's a list of my main parts also.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X

GPU: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 7900 XTX 

Motherboard: ASRock B650 PG LIGHTING 

RAM: G.Skill F5-6400J3239G16GX2-RS5K (2x 16GB 6400MHz -only running at 4800MHz though) 

PSU: Seasonic PRIME PX-1000, 1000W 80+ Platinum 

3 Replies
Rigas97
Journeyman III

i have a very similar issue like you on my RX 7600. I also have Freesync enabled.
As soon as i play any DirectX like game it crashes down the Road.

On Payday it crashes like 3 minutes in.
On Forza like 10 minutes in
and on Street Fighter as soon as i hit the Streets (The open World Mode)
i feel like it crashes as soon as it has to do some heavy 3D stuff and all of the Games mentioned give out errors with DirectX and so on.

Hell i even Switched to a completly fresh drive and reinstalled windows.
it´s definetly a driver Issue because on 23.8.1 it doesn´t crash but the whole PC behaves very weird. Forza not starting and giving an error message that the GPU driver is not supported. Sometimes when i click the Icon Tray with 23.8.1 it says that the Driver i use is not for my graphicscard. Hella weird. AMD needs to Fix this

0 Likes

Yeah, I’ve wiped my AMD drivers again now and just downloaded them through the windows updater, uninstalled the Adrenaline software, and it seems to have fixed it, but it would be nice if they could fix the actual issue which seems to be with the Adrenaline software+drivers because some of the features are nice. Been playing for about 6 hours now after removing Adrenaline and just doing the windows update driver install with no crashes. 

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Have you tried adding a TdrDelay to your registry? Google it. I have mine set to 60 seconds. Excessive, but I've seen no more timeouts since implementing it.

0 Likes