cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

subjooshy
Journeyman III

24.10.1 driver update, blue screens when I open any game

I have a rx6600 and just installed the 24.10.1 driver update. Now whenever I open any game my computer just blue screens. It can range from the first 30 seconds to 5 minutes from when I open the game.

0 Likes
1 Reply
sajjad1122
Journeyman III

If you're experiencing blue screens with the 24.10.1 driver update when launching games, it's a known issue for some users. A few possible troubleshooting steps include:

1. Rolling Back to Previous Drivers: Several users have found stability by reverting to older drivers like 24.5.1 or 23.12.1, as these versions don't seem to have the same issues with crashes during gaming​.

2. Clean Install of the Driver: Performing a clean installation of the 24.10.1 driver using the AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) might help resolve conflicts from the previous driver versions.

3. Check for BIOS and OS Updates: Ensure that your BIOS and Windows updates are current, as these can sometimes cause compatibility issues with newer driver releases​.

4. Disable Background Overlays: Features like Radeon Overlay, third-party overlays (e.g., Discord or Steam), or recording tools can sometimes conflict with the drivers and cause crashes. Disabling these might help.

If the problem persists, it might be worth waiting for an official hotfix from AMD or further troubleshooting within their community.

0 Likes