Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

pietro86
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 4500 not booting NO SIGNAL

Ryzen 5 4500 not booting (NO SIGNAL) - not even with WIN USB flash,
I am able to load and change things in BIOS with this processor but still can't boot into Windows. -start loading after 2 sec keyboard,mouse, screen black..

Tried on same setup with Ryzen 9 3900x and no problem. also tried r5 4500 in Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE. work as well.
But seems like r5 4500 is NOT COMPATIBLE with GA-AB350M Gaming 3 Rev 1.0 (say YES in supported CPU)

I have GA-AB350M Gaming 3 Rev 1.0. -tried BIOS T51C/F51D also newest F51G no change. always same result, plese help.

Thanks BcA. Petr Filip

11 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

It looks like you need to enter the BIOS and select the proper BOOT device.  It is apparrently trying to boot from a device that does not have Windows installed.

Ryzen 5 5600/ Radeon RX480/ GSKIL 16GB 3200 (XMP)/ MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus/ XPG GAMIX S70/ Sound Blaster Audigy 5/ Corsair Strafe and Sabre RGB Pro.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

nope..tried 5 different bot flash.. they work well on other pc. tried also ssd disc with fresh instaled win..

0 Likes

Look in your manual to see if the USB 3 devices are 3rd party drivers.  If they are they are not loading until POST is completed.  If you have a USB 2 port try plugging into it and see if the motherboard sees it.  According to specs you should have 5 USB 2 ports that don't rely on 3rd party drivers.  I used to have this issue a lot where you had to be certain that you were using the USB 2 port to boot.

I did check and your board is compatible with the Ryzen 5 4500 CPU.  Can you check the version of the BIOS.  There are 3 variations of the BIOS for that board, F51d being the most common, F52d, and the F52e if is the AB350 Gaming 3 board.

This is why you need to be very specific with your model number other than AB350.

I'm guessing from what you have posted about it working on the X570 board that your BIOS needs to be flashed for the specific board that you have.

Start here:  https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/CPU-Support

Try the USB 2 drive first.

If that doesn't help try updating the BIOS.  If the BIOS is up to date.  I would suggest an RMA on the motherboard or get a refund and invest in an X570 board.

Which BIOS setting are you using UEFI or CSM Mode?

Which version of Windows are you trying to install?

What errors do you get when trying to install Windows?

Important data - What Motherboard Trouble LED or Digital Codes or Beep Sequences are showing when you power up?

Excuse me if I am out of line.

Am I the only one that has this opinion of ANY B350 board?

Useless, unless all you want to do with that Ryzen 7 5800X is write letters to grandma, surf the internet, or play game apps you get from Microsoft Store.  These boards are not meant to run high powered CPU's or high end GPU's, let alone both.  They will struggle just to run mid range components.

The motherboard is the CONTOL CENTER of the system.  Here is an analogy;  Would you like to fly into an airport like Ohare with a rookie controller at the tower for your flight?  GOOD LUCK had better be with you.  

Here is an idea;  Lets connect a Radeon RX 6750X to your cell phone, because that is about what your trying to do and expect it to work properly. 

Putting a 5000 series CPU into a 300 Series Motherboard is not a very good idea.

Simply put the 300 Motherboards, in my opinion, weren't meant to run the 5000 series CPUs according to this PC World article: https://www.pcworld.com/article/702539/is-your-amd-x370-b350-or-a320-motherboard-compatible-with-ryz...

Originally, AM4 motherboards with X370, B350, and A320 chipsets weren’t supposed to work with Ryzen 5000 processors. But in a surprising reversal, AMD changed its mind—with the caveat that only select motherboards would get the necessary BIOS update.

This generous policy can mean the difference between having enough money to afford better replacement hardware and having to cut a few corners. But if you’re still relatively new to PC building, it may not be immediately clear how to determine whether your motherboard works with a new CPU like the Ryzen 5 5600 or Ryzen 7 5700X.

I consider the B350 boards to be adequate for the Intel I3 in a laptop.  I put only X570 boards in my machines and any build I do for someone, I recommend that they do the same.  I will warn them if they choose a B550 board, that if they ever do an upgrade beware of problems you may encounter.

She kind of spelled it out for them about the possibility of problems.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I would also say a B350 board has no use with today's gaming processors. You can get a new B550 board with some gaming options for pretty cheap. It is my opinion though, that if you're running a 5800x or x3D or anything above, I'd be on an X570 or X670 board. They are built for the fast processors and have everything you need. I find the LED read-out and Flash bios/ Reset CMOS  comes in really handy when you need to troubleshoot

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

I prefer the old beep codes.  I haven't even taken the time to read up on the led flashing lights codes, don't know a dxxx thing about them.  I know most of you refer to them all the time.  One of the first things I do in the BIOS is to turn on the beep codes.

What I find amazing is in some of the latest Motherboard generally the microATX doesn't use Trouble LEDs but Beep codes instead.

I needed to advice several Users here at AMD Forums to purchase a PC Speaker to be able to hear the BEEPS to be able to troubleshoot their PC on why it wasn't booting up.

How much more expensive would it be to incorporated Motherboard Trouble LEDs?

NOTE: The Trouble LED consists of 4 colored LEDs:

1- CPU

2-DRAM

3-GPU

4-SYSTEM

Makes it very easy to determine which type of hardware is having problems. The advantage of BEEP Code is you don't need to look inside the PC to see which hardware is having issues.