cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

JacJac
Adept I

Best Settings with my CPU and GPU

Hello everyone. This is my first time just purchasing both amd cpu and gpu that go together. I have the Ryzen 9 5950x combined with Radeon 6950xt. I finally got all the drivers installed and those issues within themselves figured out. But now for some reason the whole computer seems to be laggy and stutters when I have more than one things pulled up and running. Nothing heavy either. Like Discord, Chrome, and either a game or OBS. It use to not lag on me like that. I have played around with the different settings in Adrenaline but still nothing fixes it. So.... Wondering if there is a fix, whats the best settings for the cpu and gpu. Is there something in my BIOS that I need to change.? Also what am I suppose to be looking for temp wise that is good when it comes to my cpu and gpu. Thanks for any help in the right direction!

0 Likes
8 Replies
nesteazen
Journeyman III

what SSD. what monitor.

google how to change hz/hertz in Windows and check at what setting it is

I have a 27" LG for my side monitor and I am using AOC 32" curved monitor as main with 165hz and display cable.

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @JacJac , as Nesteazen mentioned, it will be helpful to know all the parts associated with your PC and the monitors you're using. That will help us better guide you/give some tips on what may be happening. 

Congrats on your new parts in the meantime! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x Processor, Liquid cooled w/ Corsair and Corsair Fans
Graphics Card: Radeon 6950xt
Monitor: AOC 32'' Curved 1ms, 1920x1080, 165 Hz
Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 64GB DDR4
Motherboard: MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI

0 Likes

Okay awesome, thanks for sending that! For your question about temperatures - the ideal GPU range is 70-75C and for your CPU, you want it to be under 80C. 

Can you confirm that your temps are in a decent range from doing a test? Also, have you tried doing a stress test on your computer to see if you get any errors that could help identify what issue you're experiencing specifically?

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

What stress test tool would you prefer using in this situation? 

0 Likes

Adrenalin has one in the tuning section.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Sounds like a software issue.

Try disabling video hardware acceleration from Edge, Chrome and other browsers you use. Disable it from Edge even if you don't use it as it can affect other applications using same playback engine in the background.