Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

eebiii
Miniboss

New Build

Hello all,

Just wanted to share the new build I just got done with. I put it up on rig of the month. Pick me apart, I want to hear all the bad. I have some crazy ideas that I am going to get started on soon. Some involve more copper, some wood and some with high voltage electricity. My head is screaming with ideas, but my bank account slows the process down. lol Thanks for taking a look at it.

Ed

47 Replies
Volkdude85
Challenger

hard to pick apart a blank canvas.  you get the 61000 second (6hour) oops ban trying to get the pics to work? ( https://community.amd.com/t5/rig-of-the-month-entries/copper-revolution/ba-p/556100 )( found the rig I feel dumb) Cause yeah 6 hour oops bans happen,  I want a mini itx build I kind of want to oil dip and play with motorcycle fuel pumps (a filter) and copper flair tubbing I have no idea if a vortex chiller works in mineral oil while submerged but,, I kind of want to 3d print one.  Sounds nuts I, know   the transformer changing your juice from high voltage to the 240 RMS you get at your breaker is being cooled by stagnant oil and a metal chassis.  that is handling the heat conversion for your whole house.  I want to seal a pc in a metal chassis and run fuel pumps for flow.  Might be a disaster ( like 110% for at least 1-2 meltdowns).  Might be one heck of a stealth rig.

Is that a Sterling motor under the fans?  Dig it!  How is the frame fastened together?  If your flashing is that pretty are you a plumber or what did you sell bodypart wise to be that clean?  Does it include your whole soul or is it like a horcrux thing?  pretty work ... 

Yes, it's a sterling engine under the fans...I can get about 4.5v at max with it. Adding the 2 3v lights bogs it down a little but holds at 3.3v. 

I am an electrician by trade. I used 3/4" copper pipe, and liquid bonding solution. i wanted to avoid soldering all the joints and I wasn't planning on using it as water raceway.

All my work is clean. Electrical world and the PC world 🙂

Yeah I dabbeled as an apprentice (health problems). but was instrumentation before that and did a lot of welding and fitting for switches and actuators, pneumatics, some 200Bar hydraulic. 24V DC stuff but all rigid up to 2.5" Got to make a 97' hoola hoop 90 some odd ft up on top a mixer silo for a harmony drive system once. 6011 1/4 welding butts are hazardous from that height BTW.  Also run a excavator better then my foreman. got a 60ft manlift stuck straddling train tracks at 2 am.... (that was exciting, and involved catching air and a new pair of pants), and used a roofing torch to free a asphalt pump.  I miss Rambo moments,, but I have been called a cowboy and that is probably why my knees are done.  Blast furnaces are fun, so are 200 and 400 psi boilers.  Thermal couple changes on a running 50 year-old blast furnace at 3 am will get yeah believing in a higher power and considering a diet let me tell ya.

0 Likes

I believe you can reach out to @Sam_AMD  or @Amber_AMD about the 61000-second error when posting/ replying to messages. Sam was able to help me with it.

Cheers 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Hey @Volkdude85 - are you still experiencing the 6 hour posting hold? Happy to help with this if so. 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
0 Likes

Just when I reply all at once to 6 people.. with my Attention span that happens. 

0 Likes

Ah I see, I looked at your profile and adjusted it a tad. Let me know if you experience that anymore in the future 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Hi, @Volkdude85 I just updated your profile. You should no longer have to wait 6 hours to post. In other words, you will bypass our spam control tool moving forward. Sorry for the frustration it may have caused you. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Thanks Ill try to be good.

0 Likes
Weber462
Challenger

I really like that build!  Congrats man!  I like how you hid PSU, and most of the wiring etc behind.  It looks really clean.  Super impressive.  I'm sure the copper wasn't cheap.  I cant think of anything i would do differently.  I also am addicted to building!  What are you thinking for new rig?

I've built 4 wood rigs.  2 ive submitted to "rig of the month".  I will post another next month.  I've always wanted to do something similar to yours (stainless or copper themed).  You really crushed it, It looks amazing.

Hello @Alex-Cooper 

I'm sure @Weber462 and everyone on this thread can help you with building your dream gaming pc! I have a few suggestions. 

So, I'm gonna start a new thread for you, and @ mention everyone here so that we can get you going. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Hell yeah! Sorry bro didn't see your post.  What is your budget?  You can nab some x570 boards right now on the cheap.  I would aim for an AM4 platform to get best price for performance. 

@Sam_AMD 

Thank you, I appreciate it. I had 2 10' sticks of copper from a remodel we did at the house. And think I paid around $50 for all the 45 fittings and another $30 for the interior wood paneling. Nuts and bolts I have just from work so the whole case if you were going to buy the pipe would be around $150 and your time. I like wood because you can hide mistakes lol. I looked at couple of your builds, pretty sweet! I'll make sure to get my Likes in for them.

Nice! Likewise.  So what you thinking next?

0 Likes

I have a 200-amp disconnect...really nice size 20" wide and 28" tall. I want to gut the internals, keep the switch and design around that. Have to gut it because it's just too heavy. Maybe 3 100mm reservoirs acting as fuses and pipe the phases accordingly to color which would need 3 pumps. Something like that

That sounds awesome!  when you start, you should start up a blog here.  If would be cool to see progress.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@eebiii you might have just found yourself a side job. I bet you'd have no problems selling your custom cases.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

Thank uou @mengelag. I appreciate it. Never tried

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

This one I built right before the copper build for someone I know but whose wife came over and said that their vacation was more important than the computer after I had already purchased the parts and was 3/4 way built. So now it is just a $5000, 75lb paperweight. It is Brand new built 2 months ago but has a intel cpu and nvidia gpu per his request.  I just cycle it once a week until I get it sold. 

IMG_1701 (3).JPGIMG_1711 (2).JPGIMG_1826.JPGIMG_1857 (2).JPGIMG_1859 (2).JPGIMG_1892 (2).JPGIMG_1962 (2).JPGIMG_2263.JPG

**bleep**, that sucks.  It looks amazing!  What chassis?  

0 Likes

It's a TT Core P6 TG...I managed after some drilling and getting everything set to fit 3 pumps in it 2 running in parallel for the GPU because the loop was so big

0 Likes

d5s?  I see one in front on distro, where the other hid?  

Edit:  i see one on back too.  Three d5s is a lot of pump.  That is a really nice rig dude.  You do this for a lot a people? business?  

0 Likes

Wow, this PC is CLEAN. I loooove the colors and how everything is set up. What's the screen you have within the PC? it looks like a mini desktop haha 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

it's a little 5" raspberry pi screen

I've been looking at screens to put in my computer because I have an area with a lot of space. Is it hard to set up / customize? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

Not hard at all. You need a usb-a to usb-c for power. You canpower it through your motherboard usb or case usb. And an HDMI cable from the GPU. Just acts like a second monitor. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Have you found a buyer yet?  Are you advertising it somewhere?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Haven't got the chance yet but very soon I am hoping.

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

there is one attached to each reservoir....Im using the front waterplate the 360rad begind the 240reservoir and the 240 rad at the bottom of the case for the GPU loop...CPU loop is back 120 res with pump and the top 360mm rad

eebiii
Miniboss

I apologize had to run off to work this morning. Didnt want to give nightmares to anyone for posting that intel - nvidia rig. So Ill try and make up for it with an all AMD I did for my daughter a couple of years ago

IMG_2266.JPGIMG_2267.JPG

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I hope she has been enjoying that machine.  The furthest I've gone with water cooling is to use the AIO coolers.  I'm afraid of leaks deep down inside.  Have you ever had a machine start leaking coolant?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Yes, sir I have. Bad O rings, Bad stop fittings, a bad water plate (my fault in a way)...but mostly my fault and usually in the begining of filling and testing loop. One failure was in my son's computer I bought a 5 pack of clear g 1/4 stop fittings. They all failed at the same time after a couple months, started leaking. Lucky, he caught it, and I did a quick repair. I also matched up some pipe and fittings wrong and basically blew the connector right off the pipe lol... I prep for all this pretty well. Yes, really I have built over 20 custom water cooled rigs and have had many issues but have been pretty spot on as of the last few. 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

That copper build is pretty awesome man. You've got some talent there! 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

You build some beautiful machines @eebiii !

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Thanks Key-j!

No really,

Are you building them just for family and friends or taking orders from your local area?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

just for family and friends

Javerra
Journeyman III

You did a really good job man. I must appreciate you for all that. I just also want to do something like that. Keep up the good work man. Best of luck for your future.