cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

My planned build I am building now, but have some Memory questions that I can't decide on.

Hello everyone. I am so grateful for all the advice that I have received so far. I have a few questions to finalize my build. However, for starters here is my build so far.

Case:

Corsair 6500 airflow

6500D AIRFLOW Mid-Tower Dual Chamber PC Case - White (corsair.com)

CPU:

7800x3d

do i really need to put a link? 🙂

Mother Board"

Asrock  x670 E Taichi Carrara

ASRock > X670E Taichi Carrara

PSU:

Lian Li Edge: 1000W

EDGE - LIAN LI is a Leading Provider of PC Cases | Computer Cases (lian-li.com)

GPU:

I want a white build, however due to how I am purchasing the video card I can't get the hellhound. So I am looking at the black/Red that will go with the white.  Not sure if I want to do a vertical mount. 

XFX Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air

XFX Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air Gaming Graphics Card (xfxforce.com)

Memory: 

This is where I am torn and need help. I am stuck between two types. 

Gskill: 

Trident z5 NEO

F5-6000J3036G32GX2-TZ5NRW - Overview - G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd. (gskill.com)

Can I do 4 sticks of this to give me 128? 

Corsair:

Dominator Platinum

DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30 AMD EXPO Memory Kit — Grey (corsair.co...

Can I do 4 sticks of this to give me 128? 

AIO Cooler:

I am waiting for the Corsair Titan to come out and take a closer look at it. 

CORSAIR iCUE LINK TITAN RX RGB AIOs: Everything you need to know | CORSAIR

If I don't like it and the reviews suck then I am going with

Lian Li:

Hydroshift

Hydroshift LCD AIO - LIAN LI is a Leading Provider of PC Cases | Computer Cases (lian-li.com)

SSD: x2

WD black - Windows

1TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe™ SSD Without Heatsink (westerndigital.com)

WDBlack - Gaming

4TB WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe™ SSD Without Heatsink (westerndigital.com)

Case Fans: This depends on the AIO I get. 

Corsair:

9 x 120 Corsair Icue Link if I get the AIO from Corsair, 

1 x 140 Icue link for exhaust

Lian Li:

9 x 120 Lian Li

1 x 140 exhaust

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would go with the Corsair memory and use the Corsair iCue software to control the LED colors of your AIO, Memory and case fans.  As for the amount of memory, some people have experienced stability problems with running at high settings when you have all four slots populated with 32 GB sticks.  I would stick with two 32 GB sticks for a total of 64 GB.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

do you know if they sell dummy sticks? this way it looks like all dimms are filled?

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB

I don't believe so, but maybe you could look into four of the 16 GB memory sticks, for a total of 64 GB.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".