cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

eebiii
Miniboss

Liquid Voltage

This was the 1st of 2 I built in December. Tried to get this in for December build of the month but I missed the deadline. So ill post it now. Did something that relates to my work in real life.

It is a square D 120/208v 3-phase 4-wire water-cooled electrical panel PC. 

5800x3d

strix x570 itx

6750xt

2tb m.2 

ddr4 3600

EK and Bitspower water-blocks and fittings

whole bunch of electrical parts

Real 3-phase electrical panelReal 3-phase electrical panel3-phase panel I bought for this project3-phase panel I bought for this projectThis is why my wife doesnt let me build in the basement anymore. Imagine this 10X worse down there. I need @BigAl01 work bench and area!This is why my wife doesnt let me build in the basement anymore. Imagine this 10X worse down there. I need @BigAl01 work bench and area!Setting up the res/pump and rad locationsSetting up the res/pump and rad locationstotal width of this panel is 14". Still have room to play after ITX MB and SF PSUtotal width of this panel is 14". Still have room to play after ITX MB and SF PSUNo more roomNo more roomTight!Tight!originally stuck a 6900xt with block but it just didn't look right to me.originally stuck a 6900xt with block but it just didn't look right to me.cut in power and resetcut in power and resetBreakers are expensive so I threw in some old ones.Breakers are expensive so I threw in some old ones.Final!Final!

21 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

This is gnarly. I absolutely love it.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Thanks!! @cpurpe91 

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

This is absolutely insane! Love the concept, and it's awesome to see you mixed your work and hobbies into one. 

eebiii
Miniboss

Thank you! @Wally_AMD 

0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Wow, I can only imagine the measurements and time it took to build this. Incredible 👏

Tagging in @Sam_AMD to make sure he doesn't miss this!! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Thx @Amber_AMD 

I got lucky many times on measurements.

0 Likes

I couldn't even make a liquid-cooled PC in PC Builder because I couldn't get tube dimensions right to fit LOL. So I can only imagine the battle IRL hahah. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Me too! It's awesome! 

(I'd love to see what your basement looked like 😆)

By the way, if okay with you, may I feature it in the Red Team Modders Group?

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

TY @Sam_AMD 

Yes, of course you can feature it if you would like.

Vynski
Exemplar

I would give it 10 likes if I could.  

This is impressive to say the least.  You have definitely gone above the line.

You have my vote for ROTM.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
eebiii
Miniboss

Thank You!! @Vynski 

Thank you for the build and the post.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

This is bloody brilliant! 2 thumbs up man!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
eebiii
Miniboss

Thanks! @mengelag 

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I do love custom case mods.  Yes, you need a big workbench and standing on that carpet is a concern too.  This build is pretty cool.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
eebiii
Miniboss

I don't think I have ever built one on anything but carpet. I do know what you mean. After 25 years as a commercial electrician, I am good at grounding out. I got lit up by 277v the other day. No way to avoid it. Difference is I have felt that voltage a dozen times and can pick my lineman's pliers back up and keep going. Most get hit and go home. Some never come back lmao. This also helps but not going to lie, it's been sitting in a box for a year.

eebiii_2-1674759971966.jpeg

Vynski
Exemplar

This is so nice that I have to come back and look at it every day now.  That is mind boggling.  I've seen a lot of things in my life like a pulling tractor with 5 - 396 Cubic Inch engines synchronized timing. 

That's where I rank this, with the best of the best. 

eebiii
Miniboss

Thanks! @Vynski 

I think it may pass inspection too! lol 

I assume an electrician or electrical engineer by trade.

eebiii
Miniboss

Commercial electrician. 17 years till retirement. 😀 

I do hope you enjoy your work.

I taught Vocational Agriculture for 15 years then was an administrator (Unit Principal) for 7.  By the end of the 6th year as administrator, I got to the point where I hated getting up to go to work.  It was a time factor mainly.  I resigned at the end of that 7th year and accepted a position as a shop teacher at my local school district and was a happy camper for the next 12 years.  I also farmed with my father-in-law.  At one point in the 1990's we farmed almost 2000 acres and had over 300 head of cattle.  I think not having that time to do what I enjoyed most, as an administrator is what really bothered me.  That's why I say not enjoying your work, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.