cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

BenWayland
Adept I

Sinister V2

2 weeks ago I posted my All AMD Build titled "Sinister". Well, Sinister has officially gotten an upgrade to being completely water cooled! I will have the specs of this PC down below the pictures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Build Specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X XC7 RGB Pro
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) 3600 CL16
  • SSD: Corsair MP600 Pro LPX 1TB
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT Reference
  • GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X XG7 RGB RX
  • PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 1200w Platinum
  • PSU Cables: CableMod ModMesh EPS, 24Pin, & PCIe
  • Case: Corsair 5000T
  • Case Fans: Corsair QL120 x7
  • Radiators: Corsair Hydro X XR5 360mm x2
  • Distro: Corsair Hydro X XD7
  • Fittings: Corsair Hydro X 90° Rotary, 14mm O/D Compression, EK Torque Drain
  • Tubing: Corsair Hydro X 14mm O/D Hard Line - Clear
  • Coolant: Corsair Hydro X XL8 - Red
12 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Looks great, and the photography is excellent too.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Thank you! 

eebiii
Miniboss

Very nicely done! Clean. Are you missing a 8-pin to your 6950xt? 

I like those Hydro X res/pump and CPU block. hope to use them in a build one day. Great job!

Appreciate that! As far as the 3rd 8pin, no. The Reference model GPU only has 2 8pin PCIe connections instead of 3 that you would find on the AIBs .

The blocks and distro are pretty nice. They all flow really well

Very observant!  I sure overlooked it.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Yeah, that's it. Yeah. Joint is fire!

With an all water-cooled system, how often do you have to do maintenance and change out the liquid? One of the reasons I'm team air-cooled, among other things, lol. Nice build once again.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Thank you!

As far as maint, it depends on what coolant you run. If you are running clear, you can drain, flush, remove blocks and clean, and then re-fill once a year. With dyed coolant you will want to do that every 6 months. And then with opaque coolant you will want to do that every 3 months.

I'm like @GreatnessRD an air man.  I do a 6month cleaning of of every desktop I have (4).  Not all on the same day or month.  I have a service log spreadsheet where I store the info on each.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

There you go! As far as maintenance, the building life is my hobby to be honest with you. I just build and disassemble pretty much all my PCs. I only have 2 active PCs that are used everyday and those are all AIO CPU cooled and just the factory air block on the GPUs 

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Agree with you all. Coolant has come a long way. I built a system with a 390x and the block from the primochill liquid utopia dye I poured into the loop was stained so badly that I had to use crest 3d toothpaste and a toothbrush for days to get it clean. I also drained a 6800xt block like 2 months ago after running for 14 months with EK Cryofuel blood red, and the block was spotless after just rinsing it out. Really depends on brand, type, etc.

0 Likes

Completely agree with this! 

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I guess with all that Corsair, RGB Compatibility is not an issue ha

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes