cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Dean0
Journeyman III

CPU is not detected by the motherboard

So as it states in the title, I have a brand new AMD Ryzen 5 5600G and I have put it in a MSI X370 Gaming pro Carbon AC motherboard.

When I go to fire it up, the whole thing lights up like a Christmas tree but nothing come up on the Monitors, absolutely nothing. 
I have checked and double checked all the connections but no issues with anything else.  I  have tried all the different Display ports on both the GPU and motherboard but to no avail. 

I know it might be a BIOS update but I know its not possible. 

Please help. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello,

That motherboard will only support AMD 5000 series processors on the Beta BIOS 7A32v2K2.  Anything less than that and it will not work.

View solution in original post

To elaborate, beginner should put his original CPU back, flash bios to latest version and then put new CPU back, but considering it is a beta-version, I wonder if getting a new motherboard would be a better idea. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello,

That motherboard will only support AMD 5000 series processors on the Beta BIOS 7A32v2K2.  Anything less than that and it will not work.

To elaborate, beginner should put his original CPU back, flash bios to latest version and then put new CPU back, but considering it is a beta-version, I wonder if getting a new motherboard would be a better idea. 

0 Likes
Dean0
Journeyman III

I had already done this in the end, went out and gotten a secondhand CPU.
I was wondering if there was a way to do it without the CPU in the system and no FLASH button.

0 Likes

Updating without a CPU is usually accomplished with the flashback button.  But those were not at all common with the X370 series of boards.

0 Likes