cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Niloy123
Journeyman III

Keep getting Amd driver timeout error in my new rx7600.

I have this problem on rdr2,fifa23 and Ac Odyssey.These are the only 3 games I play after buying my rx7600 and I get the driver timeout every time.It happens in 5 minutes of gameplay in rdr2,in fifa i can get 2-3 games before it crashes and in Ac Odyssey it crashes after almost 1 hour 40 minutes.I have reinstalled drivers and even windows 10 and 11 multiple times but this problem still happens.Cant even return my card as I bought it 2 weeks ago but can i get warranty for this or is this a software issue that will get fixed?

16 Replies
Dauletushka
Journeyman III

The exactly the same situation. Bought new RX7600 recently and cannot play. 2-3 mins is maximum. I have no idea what to do

valaska
Adept III

7900XTX here and same issue, typically on anything Unreal or DX12... Cyberpunk works fine for days with no issues. But even trying something ancient like Deus Ex Mankding Divided, or something brand new like Phantom Brigade... I can get insanely vicious drivers crashes sometimes setting my drivers into safe mode. Most the time i get recovery, but some of the time it goes HARD reboot crash.

This issue has been pervasive for months now, 5-6 months... AMD has said NOTHING to us so far. We have ZERO response from anyone at AMD.

We 7900XT/XTX owners have a hardware survey for it even, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScL7m-EGEsA3x4-0Td7dD-HXXUngZvL52y-oRoqwvRXfK7j1Q/viewanaly...

But it sounds liek its hitting the 7900 XTX too... I guess it is strictly driver issues then, since it's hitting both our chiplet design and your mono.

I hope they don't forget about the RX6000 series aswell, cuz i recently upgraded my pc from GTX1050ti for a RX6600 and that's a annoying upgrade i might say, tried everything the internet has to offer and 1year passed, there's still not a single fix that actually works, but they delay the innevitable.

0 Likes
sur6e
Elite

I've been having a lot of them too, in BF2042, GTAV, and Raceroom at least. 

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
Awol
Challenger

I get it in BF2042, sometimes its minutes sometimes hours. Would have thought AMD would have done something to resolve this problem considering the amount of people affected.. The other games i play CoD4 and Hell Let Loose arent affected.

Auros Elite X570 / Ryzen 9 5900X / Nitro+ RX6900XT SE / 64GB Quad Kit 3600 MHZ DDR4 CL16 / EK360 AIO / Corsair RM1000 X / Bios F38E

Facing regular crashes in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Medieval Dynasty with Radeon Rx 7600 on Win 11. Other games don't seem to be affacted.

In RDR2 it's primarily caused by setting "Reflection quality" to High or Ultra and can happen even after a few seconds of playing on Ultra. In Medieval Dynasty it just randomly looses connection to the GPU after a few minutes of playing.

Also getting random driver timeouts in Starfield.

valaska
Adept III

There are absolutely no fixes, and you are rolling the dice with this GPU. AMD is not acknowledging this. But looking more into it, this issue is affecting hundreds of users who have started hardware surveys, they are spending hundreds of hours trying to fix their own GPUS... and AMD is completely stonewalling us.

This affects random games, you have no idea what you will be able to run, or not. It is driver side, it is AMD side. They have somehow made the 7900 XTX and 7XXX series completely unstable across multiple random games while stable on others. Hundreds of hardware configs, all have this intermitted and random issue, all of it are driver hangs and crashes. AMD is completely ignoring this.

I have been talking to AMD for months now... and they just keep asking me for DXDiag and MSinfo, over, and over, and over again. Some people get lucky and the majority of their games work... others do not. One thing that is actually consistent is that Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, AMD, etc are all ignoring this and sweeping it under the rug while they focus on nothing but modern games and addressing whatever inherent driver issues are here.

borisgl
Adept I

Good day everyone,

I would like to share my experience with the AMD 7900 XTX graphics card. I also encountered numerous issues with game crashes, and even complete computer shutdowns. It didn't matter whether the game was newer or older, demanding or not, the problem occurred whenever I launched a game.

I managed to resolve all of my problems by limiting the maximum clock speed in the Adrenalin software. The factory settings of the graphics card constantly set the limit at 2965MHz (for my model on website it says up to 2680MHz) , and whenever it was set that high, every game would crash, and my computer would shut down. I also encountered a limitation due to my 750W power supply, which didn't allow me to fully utilize the potential of the 7900 XTX. By setting a limit of 2680MHz (specifically in my case, my friend's was 2500MHz), all of these issues disappeared, and they haven't returned for months.

My understanding of this problem is that the settings in the AMD Adrenalin software, particularly the maximum clock speed, are set too aggressively and too high, which frequently leads to driver crashes.

I also believe that the days when you could simply buy something and plug it in to do its job are long gone. Today, everything needs to be configured, analyzed; everything has become overly complicated.

I hope this will help someone to cope with this suffering, which has been dearly paid for. All the best!

I will give this a shot, fingers crossed... I can't even run Unreal Editor reliably, like, sometimes 5 hours! Sometimes 20 minutes... it's isnane.

Good luck to you, my friend, let us know if things get better.

Un4Seen
Adept I

I can confirm that, as borisgl wrote, the solution is to underclock the GPU.

I have a SAPPHIRE PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 which used to crash and cause driver timeout in multiple games, including Red Dead Redemption 2, Starfield, Medieval Dynasty, etc. The GPU runs around 2950 MHz with the default factory settings and is causing all these crashes.

SOLUTION: I opened the AMD Adrenaline software, went to Performance -> Tuning -> GPU Tuning and enabled it. then I set the MaxFrequency (%) to 95%, which brought down the running frequency to around 2725 MHz.

No problems have happened since in any of the previously affected games. I've only tested for about 3 hours, but previously I was getting the crashes/freezes/timeouts anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 minutes after opening the games.

i have same GPU & same problem, multiple time crash avatar driver timeout, any solution for me?    

0 Likes
frozon1
Journeyman III

Seems like borisgl's solution worked for me as well. I was having the driver timeout issue while playing Shadow of War and setting MaxFreq at 95% solved the problem for me. It is really annoying that the manufacturer won't acknowledge the issue.

boboba86
Journeyman III

The same thing happens to me, im using rx7600, thanks for suggestion will try to limit MaxFrequency by 95%, wrote this just to highlight the problem to vendor. 

0 Likes
malisa916
Journeyman III

Contact manufacturer for warranty.

0 Likes