Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Thermaltake Magnetic Fans?!

Hey Red Team, 

I don't know if I'm late to the party, but I JUST found out about these magnetic fans that Thermaltake came out with! If you like RGB as much as I do, you know all the cords your fans have are SUCH a hassle to organize. Well, they figure out a way to fix that problem! Check them out in action below:

With built-in Neodymium magnets on each fan, it’s a snap to build and even better to manage with reduced cables in your case. Swap to reversible fan blades included to support push or pull configurations and unlock the full potential of both cooling and RGB lighting. 

This is not a sponsored post, I'm just an intrigued fan (get it, haha) 

Do any of you have these? What do you think?!

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
7 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

These fans are blowing me away!

When I built my last system, having to route all the fan cables to both the RGB controllers and power headers on the Motherboard was the worst part of it all!

I totally see the value in these, and would absolutely consider them - even with additional cost - for my next build.

I guess my one question is about the magnetism, I think we all were taught at one point never to run a magnet over certain electronics. 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

giphy.gif

 Okay, the magnetism is a GREAT point I did not even consider. I wonder if there is there any risk of having it near any other parts????? I'm questioning it all now haha. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
eebiii
Forerunner

I don’t think those tiny magnets will have any effect. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I like being able to reverse fans because in some of my builds I would have to buy special reverse fans. The radiators on some designs sit to close to the enclosure and I have to use reverse fans. This is a great option, imo.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

LOL! I love this topic, specifically the "magnetism" part. It reminds me of my EE/CompE days. I can tell you with full confidence that magnets will not damage or affect the components inside your PC. In fact, there are lots of magnets in today's components (including displays/monitors, pc boards, and electronics), as well as in laptops, cell phones, tables, etc. 

The myth about "magnets are bad for your computer" stems from the old days, when we had floppy drives (i.e. 5.25"). Back then, if you had a "powerful" magnet, it "could" erase the data from the disk. I tried/experimented with this in a lab, and yes some files got corrupted after I placed the magnet right on top of the disk for about a day...or was it two...I can't remember. 

That said, electromagnetic magnets can...LOL...

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
venaur
Elite

These fans look amazing. I watch Thermaltake all the time and love their stuff. They look cool in action. 

Key-J
Paragon

Hahahaha, thanks for setting the record @Sam_AMD !

I still remember the days when I was told NEVER to bring magnets close to a floppy disk or HDDs. Throw in the buzzword of Neodymium Magnet - you can see why my spidey senses were tingling...

KeyJ_0-1683819961066.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Axxemann
Forerunner

Pretty neat, but I'm not changing from my Arctics 🙂

Performance over Pretty.