cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Recommendations for a beefy AIO Cooler for 7800XD going in a NR200P case

Hey all, looking for advice on a beefy AIO Cooler for 7800XD going in a Masterbox NR200P case. I'll be living in a hot climate and the small PC case is easier to pack across the world. Appreciate any advice or recommendations or out-of-the-box thinking you all have. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
19 Replies
rtbh99
Challenger

why not a nice air cooler, like a thermalright peerless assassin, or a noctua nh-d12? lighter weight, fits in the case, and both are high quality. the nh-d12 might be a little better because it doesnt have any ram clearance issues, i would maybe put a fan on the side bracket of the case as intake for the cpu cooler.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Do you think an Aircooler would be enough for hot climate? 35-40C is nothing for the philippines?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, 

On that case you got a hard limit at 280mm radiators.

Any 280 All in One can do its job quite well or be a little more adventurous and get HydroX from corsair, a very friendly custom loop, bringing the DIY Custom Water to an easy level with flexible soft tubing.

But they are not cheap...

As for AIO, maybe Artic liquid Freezer 2 or Corsair H115i. 

The Englishman

I currently have a Corsair iCUE H115i Elite CAPELLIX Cooler. Think that would be enough? I can always change cases that will accomodate a 360 or maybe bigger.

Axxemann
Forerunner

Custom loop is the only viable answer for everything!

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

The only that scaes me about a custom loop in the Philippines is the availabilty of parts. Amazon really isn't a thing here and PC shops are pretty basic here. Not for the high end builders.

I have the same problem here in Canada. Your best bets are ordering from the US or Europe. You can try Dazmode here in Canada, but his selection is a bit limited.

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe I buy it all there when im back in Canada in May with some spare tubes and connections to be on the safe side. Have you had any luck with certain products over others?

I haven't even started building the loop yet. Still in the R&D phase due to funds. I'm learning to avoid EK though. Apparently their plating process is pretty bad making the cold plates prone to erosion.

Performance over Pretty.

It's always been my luck with that method is that "something won't fit".  Then you have the same problem with spare parts that won't work.

Air or AIO, keep in mind that the AIO radiator still has to use that same air for cooling.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

With the small case your limited to size parameters.  What is the max AIO or air that will fit?

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I have no problem with going to a bigger case with more airflow. The more I think, it might almost be better to change out the case too. I just really like the Hyte Y60

That makes 2 of us on the HYTE Y60.  Don't have one yet but my wife needs a new case to replace her 25 year old Antec full tower. 

I also like the Metallic Gear NEO Cube that I have.  I have not been able to find anyone that has them anymore.

0 Likes
tasilium
Adept II

Gamers Nexus did a piece on AIO's a while back, could be worth a google search for you. I think they recommended one from Artic (don't quote me on that, it has been a while)- I do know it was one of the cheaper ones on the market at the time.

I have personally owned AIO's by NZXT, EK, Corsair, and a couple others.  Most of them have the same Aestik pump, hence why they are all mostly the same.  Some do perform a little better than others though.  I currently have the 360mm AIO solution offered by EK Waterblocks.   I have no complaints with it all.

0 Likes

Yeah, I remember that piece from GN. They did highly recommend the Arctic AIO, and if I was in the market for another AIO (I might pick up a bigger one as an interim until I get my custom loop done, this H50 is getting a bit long in the tooth) it would be the Arctic 280.

Performance over Pretty.

@tasilium @Axxemann @mengelag 
Will be going soon enough 3d or 5900x and I've decied on Artic II (same from GN) due the warranty and how they treat their products. There was some **bleep** up in that cooler? They've sent notes everywhere they could. Even GN made video about that.
On top of that you could look how they value their products for instance performance of the fans vs $$$. I think there is no better fans who combine those two characteristics. For instance for single tri pack of uni fans from lian li u can get like 2-2.5x more fans from arctic. Yeah lian's fans are looking godlike but you've got look vs warranty here (2 vs 6 - if i'm not mistaken).

Artic seems to be that rare company where value and performance still matter more than aesthetics.

0 Likes

And that's why I've been running Arctic fans in my case for the past decade. They're some of the best on the market.

Performance over Pretty.

Note my sigline. It's one of those things I take seriously.

Performance over Pretty.