cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Show us an impressive heat pipe picture

Do you have pictures of impressive heat pipe assemblies?  I mean ones you took yourself.  No fair googling for images somebody else took.  Here is mine, from a motherboard I was using back in August 2006.  It's an ASUS ROG motherboard.

Check out those heat pipes!Check out those heat pipes!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
4 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Here is the box that motherboard came in.

One of the early Crosshair motherboards from ASUS.One of the early Crosshair motherboards from ASUS.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Anyone else have a few pictures to contribute?  I know many of you have been building computers for a long time.  I started building my own around the year 2000.  Anyone remember the fear of Y2K?

Here's a Zalman CPU cooler from the 2006 era.  I has some heat pipes.

As the CPU speeds went up, the CPU coolers had to get bigger and start using heat pipes to transfer the thermal energy more efficiently.As the CPU speeds went up, the CPU coolers had to get bigger and start using heat pipes to transfer the thermal energy more efficiently.

that thing is soooo legendary. It cooled my first Athlon cpu in 2005 in my knockoff alienware case. 2gb of RAM and a 6800 gt, so good.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi

I had several computers running the 6800 GT video cards.  One even had two of them in SLI.  The 8800 GT was a better card.  I had one in my Osborne-Again-2 build for a while.

The 8800 GT AGP video card was a decent performer.The 8800 GT AGP video card was a decent performer.