cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Stathis_kan
Journeyman III

Air cooler

Hi.I have the ryzen 7700x cpu and I bought the be quiet dark rock pro 4 for air cooler. Is it compatible?and if not which cooler sould I buy? 

8 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Specs say it is AM5 compatible.  Read installation instructions carefully and proceed.  it appears to be a very nice cooler that allows room for the RAM.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

just to add to this, most coolers designed for AM4 are also AM5. Definitely important to verify though. I always recommend Arctic's liquid freezer II for AIOs, they're amazing.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi

You have a fairly high TDP rating for your APU in the 7700x of 105 Watts with a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c.

According to Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4 its TDP ratings is impressive at 250 Watts with 2 Fans and 7 heat pipes: https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1378

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

As long as you have good air circulation inside your PC this CPU Cooler will definitely keep your APU from overheating under any loads.

Stathis_kan
Journeyman III

Thank you 

You will undoubtedly have the "anti air cooler" gurus question your decision.  Just point them to this test on the NOCTUA  NH-D15;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw4HONEkj4s

It will probably never change their minds, but it's fun to watch the end results.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

There's only ever one answer for cooling. CUSTOM LOOP 😛

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

@Stathis_kan - Did you get your 'be quiet dark rock pro 4' installed successfully?  Is you computer running nice and cool as a result?  How about a few pictures of your computer?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
BigTacious
Adept III

you're gonna want to see if you have RAM and case clearance. check your case's info for cpu cooler height, and the cooler's height for RAM clearance.

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi