cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

Elian_M
Adept I

Best mobo for the Ryzen 5 7600x

What's the best performing motherboard for the Ryzen 5 7600x?, Currently looking for a mobo with great Ram Oc'ing compactibillity 

1 Solution
Elian_M
Adept I

Thanks for the valuable info m8, I actually went for the Gigabyte Aorus b650m pro ax because was the best mobo handling the 7900x oc'd in terms of thermals and also has the best overall value for the money for the form factor platform I'm looking for which is microATX.

Here you can check the tests I found online: https://youtu.be/ZtHOOyWYiic?t=1243

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
Choosing a board today is much more "hardcore" than before.

Things you need to consider:

Is the 7600X will be your end of the line upgrade? 
Because if you plan upgrading to a much more demanding CPU you need to account for this, AM5 is just starting its life cycle.
If you have further plans, get a Board with solid VRM capabilities.

Need lots of IO? 
If so, consider the X670E or a top of the line B650E board.

RAM Compatibility? 
Start browsing those QVL listings if the memory sticks you want at the rated speed are there and fully tested.
This is probably the most important of them all.

Nice to Have 
Its good to have a board with nice features but you'll pay premium here.
The 7 segment EZ troubleshooting code reader can help in dire times and the GPU quick release button is also very appealing considering that graphic cards are bigger and bigger every generation.
Check for BIOS flashback option and an easy access Clear CMOS button, they can be handy as well during your ram OC tryouts.

BUDGET? 
Overspending is easy, you may not need what others need. Buy exactly what you want to use.
Don't go for Flagships that cost more than your CPU.

If your budget is generous this can be an incredibly capable board

johnnyenglish_0-1690381561613.png

The Englishman
Elian_M
Adept I

Thanks for the valuable info m8, I actually went for the Gigabyte Aorus b650m pro ax because was the best mobo handling the 7900x oc'd in terms of thermals and also has the best overall value for the money for the form factor platform I'm looking for which is microATX.

Here you can check the tests I found online: https://youtu.be/ZtHOOyWYiic?t=1243

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

If you change your mind, this motherboard (MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk WiFi AM5, which is an ATX form factor, not micro ATX) has been running very well for me.  I used it in my Wine-Time build last month.

These components are in my Steampunk build 'Wine-Time'.These components are in my Steampunk build 'Wine-Time'. 

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Wow that's an awesome combo 🙂 , but as jhonyenglish mentioned above and I agree with, I wouldn't consider a mobo more expensive than my current processor (r5 7600x), I know the benefits of the x670 chipsets but I think I'm fine with a b650 especially if I'm only planning to upgrade to an x3D chip in the future which doesn't benefit much from beefy power stages.

0 Likes