cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Recommendations

some1_
Journeyman III

what's the best budget mobo for the AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

I'm just starting to build my first gaming pc, and being on a tight budget I have no idea where to find an affordable motherboard that's compatible with the AMD Ryzen 5 7600x and an Asus dual Nvidia geforce rtx 3060 ti. If you have any recommendations on how to shave a few bucks here or there but maintain good performance, please let me know.

1 Solution
otacon
Adept III

Your motherboard won't affect you performance at all. Look for a board that meets your needs. If you are just playing games, a Micro ATX or Mini ITX board is probably all you need. Most 2 RAM slot boards can overclock RAM better than a 4 slot as well.

If you are planning to overclock your CPU, you want a board with good CPU voltage regulation. I am not up to date on what AM5 hardware is good, but I know most of the MSI X570 (AM4) boards all used high quality VRMs.

If you don't plan on overclocking, only need one PCIE slot, and a M.2 SSD, any board will do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
otacon
Adept III

Your motherboard won't affect you performance at all. Look for a board that meets your needs. If you are just playing games, a Micro ATX or Mini ITX board is probably all you need. Most 2 RAM slot boards can overclock RAM better than a 4 slot as well.

If you are planning to overclock your CPU, you want a board with good CPU voltage regulation. I am not up to date on what AM5 hardware is good, but I know most of the MSI X570 (AM4) boards all used high quality VRMs.

If you don't plan on overclocking, only need one PCIE slot, and a M.2 SSD, any board will do.

0 Likes
foppemike
Adept I

Kind of what the previous reply said as the form factor and features are what you should look at. Size based on the case you are going to use and features such as USB-C, WIFI, etc... I also suggest one with the proper heatsinks on the VRMs especially and they are even more important if you plan to overclock any at all. I like ASRock boards but am not specifically aware of their AM5 offerings as I am still on AM4 and RDNA 2 (R7 5700X & RX 6950 XT) but they usually have decent budget boards.

0 Likes