Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

j3r4l
Journeyman III

Kotor 1 on AMD

Hey.
I see that not only i have problem with kotor 1 on new AMD  kart, i read something that this can be problem with openGL and possible solution is to install old drivers from 05.22.
Thing is that to my kart the oldest drivers come from 07.22. I remaind that problem is about crashing game in very random pleaces, for me it start shortly after 30 min of playing
So, did someone have solutionfor this? Amd team can do something about this?

(win 10 x64,  Ryzen 5 5600, Amd radeon 6800 XT)
 thank you for any help :).

0 Likes
1 Solution
j3r4l
Journeyman III

Hi, thx for fast anserw.
Seems that i didnt check out new update drivers, the last time i download was on 19.04 (v 23.4.1) but i see now new one(v 23.4.2). I download it, install and...seems good by now. I turn on kotor for few min, and everything work without problem (hopefully i dont say this to early) 🙂 . Anyway thank you for help. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @j3r4l ,

Thanks for reporting it. I have whitelisted you for the AMD Developers community.

This issue seems like a similar one reported here: KoTOR 1 / OpenGL Driver Issues Breaking Old Games 

If these two issues are same, then it has already been fixed as I mentioned in that post.

Did you check it with the latest driver available here: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
j3r4l
Journeyman III

Hi, thx for fast anserw.
Seems that i didnt check out new update drivers, the last time i download was on 19.04 (v 23.4.1) but i see now new one(v 23.4.2). I download it, install and...seems good by now. I turn on kotor for few min, and everything work without problem (hopefully i dont say this to early) 🙂 . Anyway thank you for help. 🙂