Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

stailgot
Adept II

Draw-calls don't work on driver 22.7.1 and above

Hello,

I find problem in OpenGL with AMD driver 22.7.1 and above.

I found out that if you have vao and make new vertex attribute, but bound buffer is empty (nothing is upload), draw-call uses the VAO do nothing. It appeared in AMD driver 22.7.1 and I repeat that in 23.7.2. In older versions of driver and NVidia GPU, rendering works if you're attached empty buffer to vao.

I write a reproducer which is repeat this issue. You can take it for analysis - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AkFlEVTHUk6KWZNVQcIWr796FiPg-RFP/view?usp=drive_link

Please check it and fix.

My PC configuration:

stailgot_0-1692618017450.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @stailgot ,

The OpenGL team has informed that they were unable to reproduce the issue with the latest internal builds (see the output below). It seems the issue has already been fixed in the latest builds. So, please wait till the fix gets released with the public driver.

dipak_0-1693818549386.png

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @stailgot ,

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the reproducible example. I will forward the issue to the OpenGL team.

Thanks.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

I have created an internal ticket to track this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you. Keep me informed

0 Likes

Hi @stailgot ,

The OpenGL team has informed that they were unable to reproduce the issue with the latest internal builds (see the output below). It seems the issue has already been fixed in the latest builds. So, please wait till the fix gets released with the public driver.

dipak_0-1693818549386.png

Thanks.

0 Likes

Okay, thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @stailgot ,

Could you please check the issue with Adrenalin 23.9.2 to see if it has been resolved?

Thanks.

0 Likes