Journeyman III

cant run vulkan applications

i have a lenovo ideapad flex 4-1470
his specs are:
cpu: i5 6200U
gpu: r5 m430

ram: 8gb

amd driver version: 18.3.1

i am currently trying to start developing with the vulkan api but i cant even run the examples
like cube.exe it just crashes the moment the window pops up, i checked the vulkan supported cards and mine is included there
when i try to run cube in visual studio with debug mode it throws this exception:

"Exception thrown at 0x56C04EFD (amdvlk32.dll) in cube.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000010."

used vulkan checker from github and it succeeded creating a vulkan interface

but still cant run any vulkan application
pls help i need to make a project

0 Likes
11 Replies

If you are a developer using Vulkan, try posting your question here : Devgurus

Copied from above link:

WELCOME TO DEVGURUS

DevGurus is a community of software developers using AMD technology, and industry standards supported by AMD.

Developers can post in any of the forums within DevGurus. If you don't find a good fit for your topic in one of the sub-forums, then please put it in the General Discussions forum. The particular DevGurus space is for questions about DevGurus itself.

If you are a newcomer, you can post only in the Newcomers Start Here forum. Here's why.

DevGurus is a walled garden within the larger AMD Community.  The "Newcomers Start Here" forum is moderated, to protect our members from spam. A real human being will read your post to make sure it is appropriate for our developers. Once we see that you really are a developer, we will add you to the whitelist you so you can post anywhere.

Went to Lenovo Support. There is a fairly new update in BIOS for your laptop : laptops and netbooks :: flex series :: flex 4 1470 Lenovo PC Support - us .

• BIOS/UEFI (1)

• BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebook
  • 0VCN29WW (V1.13)
  • 29 Jan 2018

and  Lenovo VGA Graphics Driver:

• Display and Video Graphics (2)

• Intel VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • Intel_22.20.16.4815
  • 01 Feb 2018

• AMD VGA Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • AMD_22.19.128.0
  • 01 Feb 2018

and finally Intel Chipset:

• Chipset (4)

• Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • Intel_11.7.0.1045
  • 07 Mar 2018
  • Intel Chipset Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • Intel_10.1.1.44
  • 01 Feb 2018

• Intel Serial-IO (SIO) Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • Intel_30.100.1725.1
  • 01 Feb 2018

• Intel Management Engine 11.8 Firmware for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook
  • 15 Nov 2017

Updating these may help make your laptop more compatible with the latest AMD Drivers and software.

Here is how to install Intel/AMD drivers on a laptop from AMD Forum: Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes

just created the account it won't let me

0 Likes

Looks like one of the Moderators needs to Whitelist you. Maybe Deepak ​can help.

0 Likes

Hi MAN Ners,

You have been whitelisted now. For Vulkan related issue, please post here: OpenGL & Vulkan

Regards,

0 Likes

thank you
but can we now concentrate on the question now?

0 Likes

You can now post your question concerning Vulkan at the link Deepak ​posted. Go to the AMD Forum : OpenGL & Vulkan​ and ask your question. That is a Forum specifically for Vulkan and OpenGL issues like yours.

0 Likes

i edited the post to that category already isn't it there?

0 Likes

Yep, Just went to that forum and saw your new post there.

0 Likes
manners
Journeyman III

still need help tough

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff

Hello manners​, have you installed the Vulkan loader?

0 Likes
xhuang
Staff

Can you share your Project Files with us?

0 Likes