cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

amduser7
Adept I

Bad memory Virtual VRAM management in AMD drivers or windows direct x12 Problem ?

The game far cry 6 trail which can download demo free is a good test to show texture cache or pixelshader cache Problems. it also have a AMD Logo on start.  Far Cry 6 use many Pixel shaders. RX 6500 XT get extreme slow after 18 sec in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI64REAm1hc or when bench with same settings run 2. time  without start the game new. 

Did other developers also notice such strange big slowdown problems ? . you see windows offers me 20 GB VRAM and same as with virtual system memory management of windows windows or AMD driver should keep the most important need stuff in VRAM . the whole game need  4,2 GB vram so it is unbelievable that the GFX card for play the benchmark need all the 4.2 GB for every frame. so same as windows virtual mem system the GPU mem system can also remove unneedet from Pysical VRAM

In game when look on floor stay very slow. The gpu clock stay high but the ram clock drop. no too high temperature can see or to many power use. The much older gforce 1030 which i have have only 2 gb vram and also PCIe 3 x4 and work with 10-12 fps alway. The RX 6500 is when run the benchmark the first time faster with
50 fps . but on second run of the bench it get only 7 fps on Full HD.

I use latest Adrenalin driver, have test it with win 10 and win 11 and i have a i5 8600 H310 with pciee 3x4 with 32 GB RAM and SSD no Harddrives I try with or without texture format optimisation in driver. did not help

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @amduser7 ,

Thank you for reporting it. I have forwarded the issue to the DirectX team.

Thanks.

Hi

Can the problem fix soon in driver ?

0 Likes
amduser7
Adept I

Hi on gforce 1030 work the shader/texture  cache good. it have only 2 GB VRAM but is several times faster as the rx 6500 when it slowdown. i do the benchmark with gforce 1030 3 times , you see no slowdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrj5eJwD4AE&t=185s

video is record with 30 fps so every 2. frame is record that cpu have not much influence. it is record with software mpg1 so no gfx card for video encoding is used. i play the benchmark 3 times . speed stay the same

0 Likes
amduser7
Adept I

Addition: I have in windows 11 and windows 10 hardware acceleratet GPU scheduling on also with the gforce 1030. does this work ok on RX 6500 ?. 

0 Likes