cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

fatih47
Adept I

What is your suggestion for a new system?

Hello, I am thinking of buying a new system. The last desktop PC I built was around 2007-8.

The system I have in mind should last 5+ years, running with a PCI 5.0 supported motherboard 

I looked around a bit

Motherboard: Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wi-Fi 6600mhz(OC) RGB M.2 AM5 ATX DDR5 (I saw that PCI 5.0 is the most suitable, what is your suggestion)

Processor: AMD 7500f or 7600x here, I'm worried about 7600x being 3-5 GHz more for the future.

Regarding the RAM: I am considering an option with 2x8 = 16 GB, I can make it 32 in the future, but the costs are known, what frequency would you recommend here? Is it 5200? 5600?

Graphics Card: there are 2 options here again
AMD 7800 xt: It's a bit cheap and has 16GB VRAM, which confused me a bit. 

Nvidia 4070: dlss 3, ray tracing artificial intelligence solutions work more stable, will I be able to perform artificial intelligence operations comfortably on an AMD graphics card? I don't know. I make videos on my small YouTube channel rather than games. I don't know if the renders of those videos are better on nvidia or amd side. I need serious support on this issue 🙂 THX... 

(( Will the 7800 xt make you regret it in every aspect: artificial intelligence operations, rendering, ray tracing, etc.? )) (Will AMD succeed with updates in the future? This is what makes me think.) I have the right to buy a computer once, after 15 years. :// 

In general, i need a computer recommendation that will last 5 years for 2K gaming. 🙏What are your recommendations? It would be nice to have it cheap but effective.🙄

My English is bad, I hope I was able to explain my problem. 🙄 

11 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You need to specify your budget.  From the looks of it, you are not going to be happy with your current selections even within the first year.  You need more high-end parts.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Budget in Turkish Conditions: 1700 Dollars sir.  I will push it a little more, around 1750 dollars 😐

I have been searching for a user-friendly system for 5 years. 

rtbh99
Challenger

i'll just address your things point by point real quick

mobo: its fine

processor: 7600x is pretty good, 7600 is basically the same thing though, so try for that one.

RAM: do not get 2x8gb ddr5 ram, minimum you should get is 16gb sticks. this is due to latency reasons, 8gb sticks can actually end up slower than ddr4 memory. 6000mhz is the sweet spot for ryzen 7000, definitely spend the $5 more for it.

GPU: well we're all gonna recommend the amd card here, but the 4070 is more power efficient, better at ray tracing, and has a larger feature set for sure. 7800xt beats it in regular frame rendering by a nose, it has more VRAM, should also be cheaper than the 4070. this would be up to personal preference really. 

for the rest of your post, it would be helpful to know your location and budget for the PC so we can give you realistic expectations.

---
lets talk about rtbh99

Thanks, the answer is good. I live in Turkey. The dollar is expensive. While a better system can be purchased in Europe with the budget, I have to cut back here.

+ Maybe I will upgrade the RAM in the future. Or I can buy direct (one) slot 6000mhz 16gb for now, I think this is better. 🙄

+I don't want to have a VRAM problem in the future. It will be really difficult to buy a new graphics card for +4 GB VRAM. This makes for a moderate case for the 7800 xt. 🤔 I believe AMD 👌

I have a maximum budget of 1750 dollars... I can borrow some more from someone nearby. 😙

- Let me buy it once, I want it to last up to 5 years 😒

Thank you 

Hi again @fatih47.

What do you think of this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mCVckJ 

Let me know

Kind regards

Farcuen

It's a nice system, but the pricing in Turkey is a little higher... 😐 

At $1550, it's well below my budget, but our market is a little more challenging. The average price of this system will be around 1800 dollars. 🤤

Don't waste your time with a single stick. 2 stick kits are the way to go, and like @rtbh99 said, get the 6000MT DDR5 because of the better CAS latency. Buy once, cry once. 

If you can get the 7600, DO IT. You're going to lose about 100-200MHz on speeds compared to the 7600X, but you'll be sucking back HALF the power at maximum output. To me, it's a fair trade.

Insofar as having a weak form of currency, I get you there. I live in Canada, and our Dollar is worthless compared to the $USD.

Performance over Pretty.
Farcuen
Adept III

Hi @fatih47.

I am happy for you if you can purchase a new PC. 

When you start to build a computer you had to consider a lot of things.

First the budget and after that you have to pick one of the most demanding games and look his specs as a point of reference, in this way you can start to looking for that hardware or stay around it.

The most important things is to do some research on Youtube, to see the performance of CPU and GPU and also the temperature and the load of usage.

Thankfully for us there is a lot of people out there who show us the hardware performance, which help us to choose the components.

After you decided for CPU and GPU you can start to decide for mobo, considering has wifi o not? You need it? The specs of the mobo, how many fan header has? Which type? How many USB has? and so on.

Because you are interested on loading content o YouTube I suggest to you to looking some vide on YouTube about the encoding, like HNVEC vs X264 vs AV1, etc.

At the moment I think AMD has a lot to offer but you have to play with the configuration and testing it and continue to play on it to find the best settings.

If you have any doubt do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards

Farcuen

Thanks very much for the comment. 😍 

I watched many videos on YouTube, unfortunately I do not believe they are objective. 
In one video, N brand is good, while in the other video, M brand is good, and it has the same components.

RX 7800 XT Seems like a good solution for long use 🙄

I think the combination seems like a good and appropriate decision. 😇 

7600x and rx 7800 xt with 16 gb ram first 😔  I hope it won't be a bad start , I don't stand a chance , If I buy AMD, I hope the company won't close down. 🙈

They are objective.

Brands some times do not means huge boost in performance, usually the do a little of overclocking on their card or some tuning. 

What maybe really matters are the quality of the brand and the cooling solution provided on the card, and why not the customer service.

What really matters is the combination of CPU and GPU who is in charge of handle game, software and other tasks.

Usually Games and Producer need a sistema who can work in long terms, because the system must be strong during the times and not be weak after a couple of years because the tasks increase their workloads.

Let me know if something is not clear. 

Kind regards

Farcuen

You are right, so I will have to push the possibilities a little more and collect a nice component.

inflation is high  🙁 i wait this year - since 2018 😱 

Thank you very much for the suggestions, regards to the entire forum.  

I will ask more questions about AMD soon. 😎