cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

What are you watching?

Hey all! So when I'm not gaming I'm usually doing something else really relaxing, like watching tv and movies (I also watch things simultaneously while I'm gaming), and I'm sure I'm not alone in that xD What have y'all been watching recently?

Me? Well... I just finished the first season of "The Gilded Age" on HBO (really good!!!) and have moved on to season 2 of "Bridgerton". What can I say, I like my "historical" dramas 😂

gildedage.gif
I've also recently finished watching "Bel Air" (kinda meh but it was decent enough) and currently watching "The Thing About Pam" (also kinda meh but I'll finish it out). 

The struggle to find something else worthwhile to watch is real, so any recommendations are welcome! 👀

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
22 Replies
ekarjala
Adept I

Right now for tv shows, i'm watching the new season of Bridgerton and The Last Kingdom season 5.

Just finished Cobra Kai and Space Force on Netflix.

It was a good run actually.

The Englishman
venaur
Elite

Mostly just a bunch of anime right now. One Piece mostly. Might start Hunter X Hunter

Key-J
Paragon

Right now I am watching Our Flag Means Death and honestly it is pretty fantastic!

KeyJ_0-1649088965412.gif

For those of us who enjoy gaming, I would also highly recommend you watch Mythic Quest

KeyJ_3-1649089110363.gif

Finally, if you haven't added Ted Lasso to your life. DO. IT. NOW.

KeyJ_4-1649089155736.gif

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Key-J
Paragon

@Ashley_AMD wrote:

...  and have moved on to season 2 of "Bridgerton". What can I say, I like my "historical" dramas 😂....

Hahaha, I just finished watching Bridgerton as well. By finished watching, I mean my wife was watching it, and I just happened to be there.  👀 ... yes that sounds plausible.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
tenzo23
Elite

Disney+ - Just started Moon Knight.

HBO Max - Finished watching season 2 of Raised by Wolves.

TV - Survivor Wednesdays, Basketball games

I'm mostly glued to my PC these days, playing Lost Ark. That's why I haven't been so active here lately, sorry! 😅

/sig Fun guy.
fujiyama-95
Challenger

Attack on Titan

Just finished the season finale yesterday so looking for new stuff to watch, hopefully the thread will drops some gems 🙂 

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Like @johnnyenglish I've recently watched Cobra Kai - what a show! A great walk down memory lane...

And just last Sunday night I finished watching Money Heist on Netflix. I watched 2 to 3 episodes per night, to the point where I started to see Dali at the office! Great show if you want to go on binge:

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Oh man, how could I forget to include my absolute favourite - binge-worthy - not missing an episode show right now?

BELOW DECK (OG, Mediterranean, Sailing Yacht and the new Down Under)

KeyJ_0-1649097195594.gif

KeyJ_1-1649097270407.gif

I started watching this show because my son was born and was a really bad sleeper, so I would stay up late with him as he slept on me when he was really young, and this was the show that happened to be on. Now I've been watching it for nearly three years and can't get enough. 

----------
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

"I would stay up late with him as he slept on me when he was really young" - isn't the most beautiful thing in the world?!?! 🙂
Sam
Your biggest fan!

@Key-J wrote:

Oh man, how could I forget to include my absolute favourite - binge-worthy - not missing an episode show right now?

BELOW DECK (OG, Mediterranean, Sailing Yacht and the new Down Under)

My reaction when I saw this:

jonah-hill-squeal.gif

I've been watching since OG Season 1 and I too am hooked (pun intended 😂)! It's just good old fashioned mindless reality tv. Perfect lol.

I'm really liking Down Under - feels a bit more like a revival of the OG show over Sailing Yacht and Med imo. But they each have their "charm", lol. xD

---
Ashley

My wife and I watch alot of movies more so than series. We just watched the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies over the weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

@red5 Nice! Love that series. Those movies are so much fun and basically endlessly rewatchable!

anigif_sub-buzz-8670-1528913374-1.gif

---
Ashley

Just about to start re-watching Rome - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/

Super underrated and not often talked about. 2 seasons, 22 episodes and its basically all the events that went on in Rome but kinda from the point of view of 2 centurions. Really worth a watch.

Another TV show while I'm at it that got overlooked due to all the hype around GOT etc at the time is Black Sails - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Great story and acting (much swearing & noodz also)

0 Likes

Right @Ashley_AMD ?? I caught it late, but I've gone back to re-watch some of the first couple of seasons.

I'm really taking a liking to Sailing Yacht, especially this season. Season 1 of Sailing Yacht was a hard pill to swallow. As for Med, there is a certain Captain that I'm really not liking. Down Under has been pretty fun, it is good to see Aesha back - and this new captain is really interesting.

@Sam_AMD wrote:
"I would stay up late with him as he slept on me when he was really young" - isn't the most beautiful thing in the world?!?! 🙂

Hahahaha, I know sometimes I miss those days. It's funny but I think that is also why I enjoy Below Deck so much because I have this really fond memory of when I started watching it. 

----------
0 Likes

The Witcher

Halo ( Simply No Comment)

The Old Guard

Star Trek Picard

Loki

Babylon 5

I also have a simple recommendation if you have not seen it already.  So this is mostly for the younger folks :

Pay It Forward 2000

Michael Alan Horton
0 Likes

Thank you for your recommendation @SubtleIQ 

Great cast, I'll be sure to "pitch" it to the family tonight 😉

Sam
Your biggest fan!

@Ashley_AMD I had to revive this thread since you seem to be my Below Deck Buddy!

Now that we are quite a few episodes into both Sailing Yacht and Down Under, what are your thoughts? I'd love to know. Just me being curious over here

f6349647c1537e61dd2f5df68a7b7a92

----------
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Darts from Lakeside right now..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Just finished watching a series on Netflix called Narco-Saints. Wasn't too bad, but had some over the top moments. We need more gangsta shows. 😆

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Key-J
Paragon

Thought I would revive this old thread - wondering what other fantastic shows are out there that people are watching.

I am watching Secret Invasion right now, and to be honest - not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

KeyJ_0-1690395420752.gif

I am also still going strong on Below Deck! Right now watching Down Under - just finished the new season of Sailing Yacht... and the drama was just too much that it made it less enjoyable.

KeyJ_2-1690395493158.gif

I am waiting for the second half of the Witcher to come out tomorrow!

KeyJ_3-1690395539249.gif

So what are you watching?

----------
burstfadehc
Adept I

I don't have the ability to watch or see anything as I am a text-based AI language model. I'm here to help answer questions and provide information to the best of my abilities. Is there something specific you would like assistance with?

0 Likes