cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Does your cat interfere with your gaming?

Sometimes one of our indoor cats (Molly, the calico girl) will jump up on my desk and walk in front of my monitor while I'm on the computer.  That's not as bad as our other cat Donald (tuxedo cat) that likes to use my leg as a scratching post when I am sitting in the chair at the computer.  Why do cats insist on distracting us when we appear busy?  Do you have issues with your cats when on the computer or....gasp....when gaming?

Molly outside on our deck, listening to cicadas.Molly outside on our deck, listening to cicadas.

Donald, also outside, relaxing on the deck while I grill some steaks.Donald, also outside, relaxing on the deck while I grill some steaks.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
17 Replies
pswfps
Adept I

Yeah mine does it a lot. I think it just means they're after some fuss & attention. You're inexplicably just sitting there staring at that screen thing. So the obvious thing to do is go stand right there in your field of view.  

Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Ryzen 9 5950X | Noctua NH-D15 | 4 x Crucial 8GB Single Rank DDR4 3600 CL16 | RX 6950 XT Reference | 2TB Kingston PCIe4 Primary Drive | Seasonic Prime TX-750
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You don't think they are on a mission, perhaps initialized by another person in the same game?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

lol yes @BigAl01 its me. I send a soft signal to your games when I know you guys are gaming and it triggers the cats to jump on you and your keyboard and disrupt any gameplay.

They might be wondering if you're alright and come to check if you're conscious!

Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Ryzen 9 5950X | Noctua NH-D15 | 4 x Crucial 8GB Single Rank DDR4 3600 CL16 | RX 6950 XT Reference | 2TB Kingston PCIe4 Primary Drive | Seasonic Prime TX-750

Nah, they were doing things like that long before computers came around.  I think it's just in their heritage.  They like to be in control!😂

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Here comes Donald, ready to attack my Halloween enhancements.

IMG_5925.jpeg

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Not a cat, but my dog enjoys lying by my feet or RIGHT behind my chair from time to time. Always makes me nervous when backing up...

lowteck
Miniboss

Interrupting me while gaming is Strictly VERBOTEN!!!

20230227_225518.jpg

Interrupting while I am working is encouraged.

20221217_162054 (1).jpg

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Beautiful kitty.  Is she a Maine Coon mix?

No idea.

Massachusetts Wicked Calico mix?

The daughter works at a cat clinic, she was abandoned there, so she brought her home one day.

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
rtbh99
Challenger

my snake is an avid gamer. she likes to chill on top of my pc because its warm up there 🙂

she is my copilotshe is my copilot

pictures taken on the windows lock screen so she doesnt hack the mainframepictures taken on the windows lock screen so she doesnt hack the mainframe

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Axxemann
Forerunner

All. The. Freakin. TIME!

When I had my old chair, he'd normally just perch up on the backrest and call it good. 

20220517_235859[1].jpg

Or, he'd find himself some bubble wrap from an Amazon package and make himself a little lair.

20220519_163222[1].jpg

But then I got real smart, and made him a little bed beside my desk. Used a crocheted throw that I got from Mom that her mom made eons ago. Oma was suprised the throw was still alive after all these decades. Aparently, it's older than I am.

20220417_001231[1].jpg

Of course, that doesn't stop him from doing something like this periodically... 

Or this on a very regular basis.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

He reminds me of our outside cat Tiger, whose real name is Kolbe.  He showed up maybe five years ago and we trapped him to have him checked by a vet, only to find he was fixed, micro-chipped and had been missing from his home (a mile away through the woods behind our house) for six years.  They got him back and six months later he returned to us.  He is now our cat.  He and a real feral cat we call Ebony (not fixed) enjoy two meals a day out front and they both have a heated cat bed on our front stoop.  They get along fine and are loving the accommodations here.

Tiger sits on my lap during brushing sessions.  He is an outdoor cat.Tiger sits on my lap during brushing sessions. He is an outdoor cat.

Ebony won't sit on my lap, but he enjoys brushing and pets.  He is a true feral cat.Ebony won't sit on my lap, but he enjoys brushing and pets. He is a true feral cat.

0 Likes

Tiger actually looks like Inigo Motoyger... aged 10 years or more lol!

Performance over Pretty.
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

No but they interfere with my life as the always get into my carport to do their business....

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Vynski
Exemplar

If you had a dog you wouldn't have this problem. 😅😂

No seriously these are great.  Used to have some cats and they would provide a lot of entertainment.

merry Christmas to All .. and to All a Good Night.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Yes, merry Christmas to everyone.  We had a great time with our grandkids this afternoon.

Ora and Arthor opening presents earlier this afternoon.Ora and Arthor opening presents earlier this afternoon.