cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Show us Your Cool Wallpapers

I am a fan of displaying my cell phone (iPhone 13) pictures on my desktop, but I also like to have cool wallpaper images sometimes.  It's one thing to have a nice landscape on my 32" 4K LG display, but you can find beautiful artwork now and then.  In any case, I usually change my wallpaper on my main computer every few days.  Here is my current image and I'm interested in what others are displaying for their wallpapers.  Are you using a Theme setting, one that cycles through a set of images, instead?  Where do you get the best wallpaper images?  I found some good ones here.

I can't remember where I found this wallpaper, but I like it.I can't remember where I found this wallpaper, but I like it.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
42 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I'm hoping to see some creative wallpapers.  Anyone have something to share?

I might be related but my nose is more complete.I might be related but my nose is more complete.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
rtbh99
Challenger

my backgrounds arent creative at all, its just a rotation of pictures saved on my pc. heres my current main monitor background, but it switches every hour

a geck named Fridaa geck named Frida

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That's nice.  I'm a sucker for cat pictures, but most of mine are in profile format.  Sometimes I get a good landscape kitty picture though.

This is our cat Molly out on the deck enjoying the nice weather.This is our cat Molly out on the deck enjoying the nice weather.

Hold your breath, I have 10 CATS!!!!!!!!

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

Let's see them.  I love cats.  I do cat rescue in retirement.

These two feral cats love each other.  They are always found together.These two feral cats love each other. They are always found together.

Here some pics of them: This is just three of themJessyJessyJessyJessyOreoOreoSpooky. She's the mom of the two kittens up topSpooky. She's the mom of the two kittens up top

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home

It's interesting how many black & white cats are named Oreo.

@BigAl01 wrote:

It's interesting how many black & white cats are named Oreo.

We don't have the Oreo chocolate in the stores here, AFAIK, so there are few cats with that name too. 😉

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

OriginalGreyWolf_0-1698283160997.jpeg

I am running this one on my gamin laptop

Axxemann
Forerunner

2560x1440_douglas_a_1h_logo_835a28e59baaa0ae2397397509279466

Currently rocking this as my Desktop. Big fan of the old Skyraider.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That aircraft was still in use during the Korean war I believe.

All the way into Vietnam! The USAF used them as CAS aircraft in the CSAR role, since they had the loiter and speed to pace the Jolly Greens. Now they use A-10s in the Sandy role.

Performance over Pretty.
alexiv1969
Adept II

optimus primal.jpg

Ryzen 5 7600x, B550M AORUS PRO-P, Ryzen 7600XT, 2*16 gig ram 3600

Interesting.  A mechanical gorilla, super-sized.

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

Here are some which i recently liked most so sharing here!bushes_trees_bay_mountains_ocean_clouds_sky_landscape_nature_wallpaper_background_4k_hd_nature.jpgmountain-nature-scenery-canada-4k-wallpaper-uhdpaper.com-274@0@g.jpgvestrahorn-mountains-stokksnes-iceland-ax-3840x2400.jpgWallpaperDog-20456176.jpgwater-body-and-trees-5k-48-3840x2400.jpg

Dipakjadhav
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Beautiful.

Said it perfect!

Dipakjadhav

Are these just some you found or did you take these yourself as they are beautiful!

I found these online because the ones comes with my lenovo legion 5 are not that great! These are 4k as well as some are 8k wallpapers. 

Dipakjadhav
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Here is the one I have in my work laptop:

NiceBackground.jpg

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Wallpaper thread? don't mind if I do!

PsnpIsx

ngLXTIR

o68n8eN

pTJgtPG

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I use wallpaper engine, which lets me use animated wallpapers. I'll have to share what I'm currently using when I get home. I usually like abstract or minimalist-looking backgrounds. I don't like anything too busy (it hurts my eyes).

petosiris
Miniboss

I have many wallpapers I like so it's difficult to select one, or even a few, but I'll try.  First I must say I only use dark wallpapers, at least dark where most of the desktop icons are located at the left of the screen, so the contrast to the icons become better, but it's also because dark screens save my eyes.

Here are a couple of super-secret-hidden cave hangars from the game Star Citizen.

cavehangar1.jpg

cavehangar2.jpg

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

I agree with having any desktop icons positioned on darker portions of the wallpaper. I do the same.

AgCN3
Adept III

I use a folder with a couple hundred astronomy photos for my wallpapers.  They rotate every 30 minutes.  Here's some of my faves:

9 - galacticcenter_greatobs.jpg

AllSkySurvey_Risinger1500.jpg

2017-01-26-Mel15.jpg

Atlantis-Final.jpg

Carina Nebula_001.jpeg

deep-lagoon.jpg

Flame Nebula.jpg

freeflyer_nasa_3000.jpg

heic1501a.jpg

NADetMosaic2.jpg

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I love the space scenes.  I once had a dream to reach the ISS, but I never made it.  I did, however, get into the payload bay of a space shuttle on the launch pad.  I participated in close-out operations for the payload.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Lets make this all the way! 😁

The lock screen

johnnyenglish_0-1698453016121.png

The desktop

johnnyenglish_1-1698453070185.png

The browser

johnnyenglish_2-1698453098395.png

Live Action

johnnyenglish_3-1698453112285.png

The watercooler

LITSHOW.gif

The Englishman

use firefox instead smh-

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy

Why?

The Englishman

Firefox is better for privacy and stuff like that (source: I use Firefox)

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy

I use Chrome.  I defiantly won't use Edge.  I need to stand up against something, you see.

0 Likes

Brave for me.

Performance over Pretty.

I use a variety of browsers, from Edge, chrome, opera, Tor and so on.

Example: On the professional laptop we can only use EDGE, everything else is blocked due to group policies. You won't even access critical information without it.

Don't worry about privacy, I have mandatory ISDP training at work and a countless number of email accounts. Critical information never gets exposed at this computer.

; - )

The Englishman

ryzen koi thingy.pngthis is my wallpaper rn

Ryzen 3 3250U supremacy
ajlueke
Grandmaster

My wallpaper is just the generic one that comes with Windows 11.  I did change wallpapers and setup custom Windows themes in the 90s, but I honestly cannot say the last time I actually did it.

I don't know man, but Plus! back in the day had some really cool themes going on.

I had this one for ages.

johnnyenglish_0-1698851403572.png

The Englishman

I remember that background.  

my5700xtpc.jpg269610887_271633798279850_4900513837165886767_n(1).jpg

G

I absolutely love Aenami's art. Her artstyle is beautiful, and I love the sense of scale in her artwork.

wallhaven-6k3oox.jpg

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital