cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Coffee or Tea?

So I was making my coffee this morning and it got me thinking, is everyone here primarily coffee or tea drinkers? I myself am a coffee person and I am very extra about it... this was my coffee this morning. 

IMG_7025.jpg

If you're someone that doesn't love either, is there something else that gets you started in the morning or before hopping on some games?

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
68 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Bit of both but Tea is my Relax Moment.

Every day, not at tea time but in the night, i like a good cup of tea. I usually have at least 20+ kinds of tea to choose from.

The coffee, I normally prefer expresso, really short and strong.

_20220512_154221.JPG

The Englishman

That looks SO good!

Coffee person here, too. I am not very extra or exciting with my coffee though lol. Once upon a time I would buy coffee from the store and make it in a coffee maker then use a bit of creamer, but then I came across an instant coffee that I came obsessed with. Kind of a funny story: my mom loves watching Korean tv shows, and in the shows they're often drinking a certain type of instant coffee, so she bought some. I tried it, and the rest is history. 😂

PXL_20220512_143617261.jpg

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
vialli100
Forerunner

Coffee, strong and black..

I just got myself an Espresso machine, lovely ground coffee..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
Nagrenol
Challenger

@Amber_AMD

I think you uploaded the wrong picture.. as I don't see coffee in that pic... I do see a milkshake however 🙃

For me its either a cappuccino (cause I'm pure fancy like) or an iced americano

As for tea and tea drinkers... I feel the same way about them as I do about console players.. eeww

pesants.gif

Absolutely Coffee, without a doubt. 

Fun fact, I actually used to own a Coffee Company. 

However, I'm not a big fan of just plain black coffee. I really do have to add a bit of sweetness and some milk.

Here is a picture of one of the prettiest coffees I've made back a couple of Christmases ago:

Coffee.jpg

Also, did anyone else try the Dalgona Coffee trend when it was going around?

DalgonaCoffee.jpg

However, I do enjoy a good Milk Bubble Tea here and there. Trust me if you haven't had one of those yet, change your lifestyle and make it a part of it.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Has to be coffee.

Tea is just rank!

without thinking i choose coffee  for sure ; A hot cup of coffee can perk me up in the morning

Too much adulting, sorry guys but I don't think I want to grow out of my childish tastes so soon.

Milk tea is straight up more pallatable to everyone by default without having to fall into a strange addiction to acquire a taste for it. -at least I think so 🙃

Miniboss

Coffee, but I'm trying to give it up and replace it with tea. So far, the results are mostly favorable.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

@red5 Are you a fan of any tea flavors/types in particular?

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Coffee every morning and sometimes a cup in the afternoon when my wife goes to get the grandkids from school.  She watches them for a few hours in the afternoon at their house until our son comes home.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I like various teas. I mostly drink stuff you can get at the grocery store. I don't use any sweetener. I like to just drink it plain. Constant Comment from Bigelow is a favorite, and some of the teas you can get that come in the pyramid shaped bags. Don't remember the brand. We used to get Teavana tea, but haven't in quite a while.  I drink black tea, green tea, white tea, herbal tea.... you name it and I'll probably drink it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

Just made myself a lovely latte.

20220517_094139.jpg

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

I am loving all of these answers, we have a good variety in the community! 

Honestly, @red5  I've always wanted to be a tea person because of the healthy aspect of it - but I just can't do it. So koodos to you!! And I'm allergic to ginger so the really healthy options are out for me lol. 

@Nagrenol hahah milkshake is fair, I like a lot of creamer. Definitely more on the light side for me. 

@Key-J I have ALWAYS wanted to try Dalgona Coffee. Is it as fluffy and as good as it looks in your picture? 

@acemodder that coffee is beautiful. You win for best dressed coffee! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

@Amber_AMD The Dalgona coffee was indeed super fluffy and foamy, it was a different feeling of "drinking coffee" for sure. It took a lot of work to make, so more of a stunt-food item for me, so I would only make it in certain situations. 

Jumping into your conversation with @red5, although I am all for the Coffee, I can't lie and say that I don't absolutely love a classing English Breakfast Tea with a little sugar and milk. It's good enough to make my raise my pinky when drinking 🤣

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

lol @Key-J  - what I picture when you say that...

espresso-classy.gif

And I will have to give this foamy coffee a try sometime!!

Best,
Your friend at AMD

@Amber_AMD wrote:

lol @Key-J  - what I picture when you say that...

espresso-classy.gif

And I will have to give this foamy coffee a try sometime!!

Hahahahaha. You are not far off at all!

----------

My parents were from Cuba so I used to drink a small amount of Cuban coffee while growing up every morning or while at work.

Once I got married I used to drink a cup of Cuban coffee (Equivalent to 2-3 cups of normal American coffee) every mornings until I decided to stop. Ended up getting caffeine withdrawal afterwards.

So now I just drink a cupful of hot Nestea sweet tea every morning.

But I do enjoy Lattes and Cappuccinos similar to the one Amber posted.  But they are too expensive for my taste.

If I had a high quality Expresso Machine that made Lattes, Cappuccinos and Tea I would purchase one if they didn't break the bank to buy one..3

When I go to my Doctor's office they have a very expensive Coffee machine that makes Lattes, Cappuccinos, Hot Chocolate, coffee, tea, etc.

Normally I always get the Hot Chocolate while waiting to see my doctor.

I prefer super sweet tea...but I actually end up drinking more coffee than anything.

----------------------
June 2022 Rig of the Month -AMD Ryzen 5900X, Asus Tuf Gaming 6900XT
SubtleIQ
Adept III

I drink both.  I do drink more tea than coffee.

Hazelnut is a must when I drink my coffee, unless is Cafe Vienna from International Foods.

Tea, sadly I prefer to drink my own.  But when I am out and about truck driving I'll grab a Lipton Brisk, or Arizona Green tea. Although I will grab a peach tea first anytime.

I prefer cold tea over hot, but I do drink the latter as well.

Michael Alan Horton

Coffee is just... yuck, lol. I'm not a huge fan of brewed tea either, but I'll drink that mixed with Lemonade for that half and half goodness. (Or called an Arnold Palmer depending on where you're from)

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

If I had to choose between a plain version of each, I would go for coffee. If I can add sugar, then I would choose tea.

There are awful and excellent versions of each, so I'll choose what's good and available.

Various investigations have shown that different teas might support your insusceptible framework, fend off irritation, and even avoid malignant growth and coronary illness. While certain blends give more well-being benefits than others, there's a lot of proof that routinely drinking tea can lastingly affect your health. Tea is awesome.

If only I could convince my coffee addiction... 🤣

Best,
Your friend at AMD
ThreeDee
Paragon

Straight up COFFEE yo!

ThreeDee PC specs
eebiii
Miniboss

Coffee all the way for me. I did get my mom a flowering tea pot for Christmas, and she loves it.

Buckingham Palace Teapot Set | Buckingham Palace Flowering Tea Gift Set | Teabloom

Oh my gosh, that is such an excellent tea pot!!! What a unique gift, I would have loved receiving that too even if I don't drink tea LOL

Best,
Your friend at AMD
jej
Adept I

Chocolate milk! Ahem, I mean coffee 😋

greydog5
Adept II

Coffee for sure Hazalnet Kona blend

FMB
Mcornford
Adept II

Both, but coffee primarily. 

Lufy
Adept II

Both, but i prefer stable radeon drivers

rtbh99
Challenger

im a serious coffee guy, i make multiple cups a day with my aeropress and i hand grind some fancy beans for each cup. sometimes its a pain in the ass but its just like a 15 minute ritual where i zone out and i get rewarded with a nice cuppa. all i put in it is a little bit of milk.

i tend to get beans from local roasters whenever i go out of town, and my mom always sends me some for my birthday and xmas. currently have some dark roast blends that she sent me, along with a nice medium blend and light roast blend, and i recently picked up 10oz of a really good washed yigracheffe from a place right down the road from me.

---
lets talk about rtbh99

I don't even know what an Aeropress is, but it sounds FANCY. 

You would judge me for the simple coffee life I live haha. I aspire to be you one day 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

an aeropress is actually really simple, its just a plastic tube with a plunger, and a filter on one end for the coffee to go through.

rtbh99_0-1674144776009.png

---
lets talk about rtbh99

OH okay, so it's basically an upside down French press? 🤣

Best,
Your friend at AMD
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

No one mentioned but this little thing from IKEA or any other place that sells it, is amazing for a good looking coffee.

johnnyenglish_0-1680291100775.png

The Englishman

Oh definitely, a little frother can make a huge difference with coffee!

I also highly recommend this one from Nescafe

KeyJ_0-1680291712377.png

----------

Let me ask you both, what does a frother do for coffee? I've seen people do it to creamer and milk, is that how y'all use it too? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Being Colombian, I love coffee - at least I am supposed to love just Coffee. However, I really like my milk/cream and a bit of sweetness in my coffee.

Whether it makes a difference or not, using a frother makes me enjoy the coffee a bit more.

The Nescafe one I use, what I like about it is that it heats the milk/cream as well while frothing it. Ensuring I don't cool down my cup when adding it to the Coffee.

----------