cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

A major change is coming to Taco Bell....yes, Artificial Intelligence at the drive thru!

So, instead of a human being taking your order, Taco Bell is apparently going to give AI a try.  I wonder how it will handle special requests?

Taco Bell is set to expand the use of artificial intelligence voice technology in its drive-thrus to hundreds of US locations by the end of this year, parent company Yum! Brands said Wednesday (31 July 2024).

The move means that when users pull up to place their order at a Taco Bell, there’s a good chance they will be talking to a computer, rather than a human employee, on the other end.

Well, it looks tasty.  But is this what I ordered?Well, it looks tasty. But is this what I ordered?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
2 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Okay. Seems cool. I will definitely test this out when it comes to the local Taco Bell.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm predicting a customer service nightmare until the bugs are sorted out lol

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED