Graphics

kfir
Adept II

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

0 Likes
forestdream
Adept I

I solved this problem by changing HDMI audio driver from AMD's to Windows 10 default.

1. Change HDMI audio driver to High Definition Audio Device

- Driver Provider : Microsoft

- Driver Date : 2019-03-18,

- Driver Version :10.0.18362.1

- Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows

- You can find this driver by choosing "Browse my computer~" and "pick from a list~".

2. Enable "HDMI Link assurance" in Radeon software.

3. Disable "Radeon Enhanced Sync" in Radeon software

4. Disable "Radeon Anti-Lag" in Radeon software

5. Disable "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color" in TV setting.

Every setting may not be necessary. So, I recommend you to try one by one.

My Hardware information is in below.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (Sapphire Pulse)
LG OLED 55 C8 GNA

0 Likes
kfir
Adept II

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.1 Release Notes 

Indeed under Known Issues on the Sep 16, 2020 version:

* Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

* Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

At least AMD acknowledges the problems. 

kfir
Adept II

Thanks, I'll start by trying all of these suggestions at once and see if they help.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Great that it's acknowledged but it's been over a year and still not fixed which makes you wonder is this a hardware issue then that can't be fixed. Then will this issue carry over to RDNA2. I would be interested in one of the new cards if performance is on par with the competition but an audio issue would be a deal killer for me. 

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

I completely agree with you. It’s never been resolved and I’m at a point where I’d just rather buy a new card and be done with the issue. But I have no idea if it’s going to continue and at that point after like $500 to resolve and issue that shouldn’t be an issue, I’d freak out. The latest driver has seemed to worsen it for me. I’m hoping the next recommended driver fixes it because as you’ve said, it’s been a year now.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

While my RX580 had no sound issues I had a lot of other issues. This is 3 years ago now and it quit using that card about 1.5 years ago after going green. Based on prior great experience I though for sure the issue with team red would quickly get sorted. They never did. So today I will give it up to a 30 day return period or whatever that period it is with the retailer I buy from and no more. I won't get stuck with an expensive card again that does not work at the default specs it is supposed to. 

I really am sorry you get suck with this issue as I see it complained of a lot for the past year so it is far more than an isolated issue. The fact it took a year to even show up as an issue officially noted in the drivers is really sad. I do hope it is an issue than can be fixed in software but my gut tells me it that were possible it likely already would be. Like I said I just hope they fixed the issue with the next gen. 

0 Likes
tjl
Journeyman III

Too bad, this didn't resolve the issue on my end. Almost same setup. Sapphire 5700 XT and LG 65C9.

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

Driver version 20.9.2 magically brought back my initial problem of the audio randomly cutting out completely until I mute Windows and un-mute it. Then it comes back on for a few seconds and goes out until I repeat the process. I first discovered this had to do with me globally capping framerates in Rivatuner in MSI Afterburner. I started using AMD’s own Radeon Chill with a minimum and maximum of 60hz. But it doesn’t work globally, you have to create a profile for every game. So anyway, the problem continues to exist for me. I still use Rivatuner in the background but only to monitor GPU fan speed, temps, Frametime, Framerates, etc.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Make sure to report it to AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes