cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Arthur0
Journeyman III

RX 6800 constantly timing out

Hi, hoping for some troubleshooting advice. New pc arrived yesterday, been having some trouble with the graphics card.

Once I had it setup I fired up Rust to test it out, I put ingame settings to the max and the game ran perfect for about 2-3 hours. I then got a driver timeout popup on the bug report tool & the game froze.

"We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system. A bug report has been generated"

I ran the game again, got the driver timeout after about a minute this time. Since then, every time I enter the game it's an instant timeout, even on dropping to minimum in game settings. I tried out other games & it's the same on everything, some games I can reach the lobby, but all crash once I enter the game. Even lightweight games are instant driver timeouts.

When the driver times out, I can still hear the audio progress in game & the mouse heavily stutters until I use task manager to close the game.

On games where I can reach the lobby, I can see the GPU graph constantly spiking from 0 to 100 in Adrenalin. I saw the Fan speed was always 0 RPM, I disabled 'Zero RPM' in tuning to get them spinning but still timing out. I edited the tuning controls and it's still timing out on low temperatures. Before I touched fan controls the temperature was averaging low 40s, the highest I saw was about 53. Afterwards it's still been timing out in the low 30s so I don't think it's temperature.

Some other things I've tried:

Reinstalled windows

Reverted drivers back to 20.11.2 with AMD Cleanup Utility

Use just 1 monitor, tried on HDMI & DP

Some specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

MB: Asus Rog Strix X570-F

GPU: RX 6800

PSU: Corsair 850W

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Kubicide
Adept II

Note check other games as Rust apparently crashes out for many players due to a memory problem.

0 Likes

this happens to me too in assassin's creed Valhalla and CoD black ops and pretty much everything I try

0 Likes