Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

trilloc
Journeyman III

GPU crash

Hello guys, 

I bought a  used card video RX 570 8gb so I installed driver and everything, so the problem is when I run a game its  crashes and green dots comes on screen.

I hope you guys help me and thanks,

here some pictures

CPU: I7 2700k

RAM: 9gb

power supply : 550watt

0 Likes
19 Replies
facethepro
Journeyman III

Re: GPU crash

Same problem. Brand new Sapphire RX 570 4GB Nitro+

0 Likes
numchuk
Journeyman III

Are you using an adapter for your display by any chance? I'm having the same issue with my 590 Nitro+ and did some digging to find out it might be the adapters. Apparently polaris doesn't like them, I have ordered a DVI-D cable to see if this helps.

0 Likes
trilloc
Journeyman III

Does your windows crash when you run a game?

0 Likes
facethepro
Journeyman III

Yes whole pc freezes and eventually restarts. I put my old GPU until i get my new PSU. My current one is about 6 years old and bad quality. So I'm hoping my problem is the PSU because my RX 570 is brand new and i don't believe it's faulty. With all those people reporting crashing it's either PSU or drivers...i hope.

0 Likes
trilloc
Journeyman III

bump

0 Likes
real1ty
Journeyman III

I am having this exact same issue. Does your audio get all weird when it happens as well? Almost like a robotic stutter noise? It only seems to happen when gaming and temperatures rise above 75ish, which I know is a little warm but it shouldn't crash the whole computer....

It happened with both my Vega 56 and 64, I was thinking it might be mobo related but I did a ton of mobo troubleshooting with no success, the symproms are very gpu related, and every time I update the driver it seems to affect the interval, making it more or less frequent....so I'm quite sure it's gpu related. What I don't know is if it's the gpu itself or maybe the pci port? I dunno, but it's driving me crazy so any help is appreciated!!

I'll also say every time I've tried to install a new driver, it freezes about halfway through, I have to cancel it, restart, it'll show as being installed, but I'll still reinstall and it goes through just fine, I dunno what that means or if it's playing a part in this...

Edit: Setup -

Vega 64

16gb RAM

2600x cpu

1000w EVGA psu

Gigabyte x470 wifi 5 mobo

Edit 2: Also, why is it showing my real name instead of my username? -_-

0 Likes
trilloc
Journeyman III

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

0 Likes
numchuk
Journeyman III

Just wanted to put in an update to my problem, the DVI cable has resolved the issue for me. I guess it was the adapter after all that was causing it.

0 Likes
facethepro
Journeyman III

What adapter were you using?

0 Likes