cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ivanmgil
Adept I

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

same problem here with powercolor r7 360

higgih01
Adept III

Re: "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected situation"

Jump to solution

It is a very interesting thought. My initial guess would be that this is

issue is not particular to Sapphire cards as my Radeon VII uses a

standardised PCB layout and components across all AIB versions and I am

not immune to this issue (unless Sapphire has been contracted to

manufacture all the Radeon VII's for AMD - I had not thought of that!).

I suspect it is just that Sapphire are a very popular AMD specific brand

and they perhaps sell a higher proportion of all AMD GPU based cards

than other AIB partners. We would need just one non-Sapphire card owner

having this issue to disprove it.    

papajimmy
Adept II

Jump to solution

last days I have connected the sapphire 570 8gb with 2 monitors.

one dell 24` and one oled Lg 65.

both with Hdmi.

when the black blinking appears,I choose from the display menu of the windows 10 the Lg,

Lg not blinking.!!!

if i return the Dell,continues and blinking ..!!

maybe does the problem have to do with some incompatibilities with monitors?

0 Likes
caelamia
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It's not specific to Sapphire cards, if that helps. I have an Asus ROG-STRIX RX580 8gb and have this problem, amongst others. The issue is infrequent and every time it happens it's slightly different, so I can't pin down the cause.

The first two occurences happened in the exact same circumstance. Was playing a game fullscreen (Final Fantasy XIV) and alt-tabbed out to Discord. The PC stopped for a second and then I had this strange static / multi-colour artificing pattern across the screen. The first time this happened it hard-crashed my PC immediately and I had to power it down. The second time I left it a while, could move the mouse cursor and was eventually able to just restart. Both times after recovering it gave the Wattman error.

Now, I've had a few random other problems that are (after reading all of this thread) quite possibly related. One of the subsequent crashes saw my PC go into a Windows 10 BSoD and the restart after that gave me two "Microsoft Windows 10 has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" errors.

Last night, I was playing another game (Mass Effect: Andromeda) and as I went to save, it crashed again. This time the artificing effect onscreen was a solid orange. Checked event logs after a restart and twice within ten seconds it has a "Warning" error that says: "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." This event log error did not occur on any subsequent crash.

I'm unsure of what to do here. I've upped the power threshold in Wattman to max and whilst it's stopped (possibly?) the Wattman errors, I've had those I detailed above instead. What's the consensus on RMA-ing the card or simply waiting for updated driver software that may actually fix the whole problem?

Can all of these problems reported on the forums really be down to the Radeon software? Seems a little crazy.

0 Likes
wohariakus
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have new install my Soundcard, Mouse and Keyboard and Graphic card Driver. I thing the proplem come from the 9. April Update KB4493509, Window 10 64-Bit 1809 Build 17763.437. Give me 3 days if it works. I have fast boot on and day one my Wattman is not reseted first start up. I have all aktive Experiance etz AMD audio Wattman Vega 64 Profiel Turbo.

Her a people the have any programm OOSHUT UP10 ore any other anti Spyware Tool? Not Disabled Windows Defender since the patch he dont stop to work!

I will contact you again

Mfg WUSCHIIIII

0 Likes
wohariakus
Adept II

Jump to solution

My proplem is Solved.

I hope other can help any

Thx Amd and Forum Sorry for my aggresion I hate mistakes.

The Proplem come from my OO Shut UP 10 the Windows Defender canot be deaktivat since the last patch from Windows and he make the Proplem whit my Wattman.

Mfg K.C

0 Likes
fiction1203
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Im pretty sure the AMD High Definition Audio Device is the problem. At 23.04.19 I unistalled the complete AMD driver package from including the AMD High Definition Audio Device using DDU. I installed 19.4.3 without HDMI-Audio and System worked fine for three days 24h per day. This night i think at 00:00 oclock windows update updated the HDMI-Audio by itself. Around 10min later, as you can see in the picture, i got the blackscreen. The i had a look in the windows update history and saw the installation of the driver. In the next step i uninstalled the AMD High Definition Audio Device in the device manager and disabled the AMD High Definition Audio Device. I also disabled the divice driver install service.  Since then then the system is running for 17h without black screen.

dwa.pnggrdh.pnggrsg.png

0 Likes
ivanmgil
Adept I

Jump to solution

I will try flashing gpu bios

0 Likes
paloro
Adept I

Jump to solution

Microsoft crashed my PC 3 times in ten minutes after I got their Windows 10 1809 update yesterday. After each restart, I got the infamous Wattman alert. I uninstalled the updates and now everything works again

0 Likes
temo18plays
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have tried those steps but the same errors, nothing changed.

Returning to my Nvidia GPU, it is a bit slower but more stable at least.